Karl`s PC Help Forums

Church focus at Christmas service returns to Christ
scholar - 6-1-2014 at 15:23

Here.

The article relates how a Christian church whose Christmas presentation last year bowed to popular culture returned, this year, to a more simple focus on the nativity and the basic Christian Gospel.

This is somewhat remarkable, because churches that follow such trends rarely recapture their traditional footing.

marymary100 - 6-1-2014 at 23:14

Worst Christmas service I ever went to was an American preacher in a local Scottish church. The church was packed as it was the carol service and he proceeded to give us a homily about the humanity of Christ talking about all his bodily fluids in a rather crude fashion. My parents didn't know where to look and my daughter who was still in junior school started asking me what certain words meant.

He didn't last long.

Redwolf5150 - 6-1-2014 at 23:17

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Worst Christmas service I ever went to was an American preacher in a local Scottish church. The church was packed as it was the carol service and he proceeded to give us a homily about the humanity of Christ talking about all his bodily fluids in a rather crude fashion. My parents didn't know where to look and my daughter who was still in junior school started asking me what certain words meant.

He didn't last long.

But if it happened in CHURCH, God MUST have approved of it,

kewl_glasses

scholar - 7-1-2014 at 00:41

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150
But if it happened in CHURCH, God MUST have approved of it,

The Scriptures teach the opposite, that the Lord is especially angered when those who are supposed to shepherd His people neglect to do as well as they can.