Karl`s PC Help Forums

Pastor Rick Warren and Piers Morgan discuss gay marriage
scholar - 10-12-2013 at 00:48

Here.
I like this conversation, which has real content and shows tolerance as Warren defines it.
[bad img]http://www.christmas-corner.com/images/christmas-smileys/santa_smiley.gif[/bad img]

waffler - 10-12-2013 at 01:35

Been hearing a lot of bad things about Rick

scholar - 10-12-2013 at 01:38

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler

I don't agree with him on every point of theology. Most of what I hear about him, as a person, is good.

waffler - 10-12-2013 at 02:05

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
Originally posted by waffler

I don't agree with him on every point of theology. Most of what I hear about him, as a person, is good.

did you read The Purpose Driven Life confused2

scholar - 10-12-2013 at 02:07

Yes, I did.

waffler - 10-12-2013 at 02:08

did you like it

scholar - 10-12-2013 at 02:17

It has good points, and bad points.

When Warren says it is about God, not us, he is on the right track.

When he sounds as if he is saying that it is our efforts that are the key thing in living the Christian life, he is making us the focus again.

I have a copy around here, somewhere, where I have marked several of the problem sections, so that I can respond in detail if the need arises to caution someone who id accepting it all without reservations.

LSemmens - 10-12-2013 at 11:23

Have also perused the book, but have not "taken it to heart", IYKWIM. My life is much as he describes it anyway. When I have a little more time, I'll look at the link, it might be interesting.

Personally, your sexuality is your own choice, I refuse to accept that it is the result of a medical (i.e. genetic) condition. My Bible tells me that Homosexuality is a sin, it does not describe a medical condition as a sin. Nor does it describe our gender as a sin. Just to clarify, "sleeping around" is just as much a sin in the eyes of the Bible as homosexuality. To qualify this statement. If you do not choose to adhere to the tenets of the Judeo Christian ethic (or any other that condemns sexual sin) then you are "free" to do as you wish, just don't expect me to embrace it.

My attitude to this is, I choose to follow the tenets of Christianity, if, when I kick the bucket and find there is no God, then my life has been pretty good anyway with no regrets. If, on the other hand, a person chooses to reject a "religion", when they die, and find that there actually is a Just and Righteous God who adheres to the tenets as laid out in His Holy scripture (whichever that may be), this person then has all of eternity to regret their choice. That, of course, may well include me, if the "true" god is Allah. You get my drift?

Redwolf5150 - 11-12-2013 at 15:37

Personally, I think any religion that judges people on how the Creator made them is a pretty crappy religion.

Just saying....

LSemmens - 12-12-2013 at 11:09

It's all right RW, God made us all perfect, He's just not finished with you lot yet!nananana

John_Little - 12-12-2013 at 11:33

I thought the Topic heading meant they were getting hitched!

marymary100 - 12-12-2013 at 17:43

hahahahaahahahaahahaha