Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: God's good
the bear
Bears-r-Us

Theme: Purple

Mood: undecided

[*] Post 352022 posted on 5-10-2008 at 00:23 Reply With Quote
God's good

A survey has revealed that a belief in God makes for a better person.

People that hold such a belief according to the survey are kinder, more helpful and careing, generous and more neighbourly, They apparently make better citizens.

Why is this so?

Regards the Bear
janet
Mismatched shoes

Theme: Forest

Mood: Devastated

[*] Post 352024 posted on 5-10-2008 at 00:25 Reply With Quote

Um, I don't think it is.

I suspect that what the survey showed was that people who professed a belief in God, also rated higher than others on other scales - I very, very much doubt that there was any causality involved.

As to why there might be a correlation between the two... if the survey was in England, then many people who answered yes to the God question would be, I suspect, members of the C of E - and therefore members of at least one group of people - more likely to be social, etc.

I suspect that there are predispositions to a number of things, which includes willingness to answer polls... :}
the bear
Bears-r-Us

Theme: Purple

Mood: undecided

[*] Post 352027 posted on 5-10-2008 at 00:42 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
Um, I don't think it is.

I suspect that what the survey showed was that people who professed a belief in God, also rated higher than others on other scales - I very, very much doubt that there was any causality involved.

As to why there might be a correlation between the two... if the survey was in England, then many people who answered yes to the God question would be, I suspect, members of the C of E - and therefore members of at least one group of people - more likely to be social, etc.

I suspect that there are predispositions to a number of things, which includes willingness to answer polls... :}

Could the willingness to answer polls have a something to do with good habits and being about at the right time.
Presupposes that God fearing people go to bed early and rise early leaving ample time to complete the days requirements which would give rise to the extra time for a questionaire. Nothing to do with God then

Regards the Bear
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.