Karl`s PC Help Forums

The Archbishop of York's Easter message
marymary100 - 23-3-2008 at 00:13

here

LSemmens - 23-3-2008 at 11:31

Whilst our take on theology may be different, the Archbishop is to be respected and even applauded for his stand: "Later today I will stand waist-high in an open-air pool in the middle of York city centre......". I'd be interested to see the response to his call.

marymary100 - 23-3-2008 at 13:36

And Pope Benedict's Urbis et Orbi speech summary here

LSemmens - 24-3-2008 at 10:37

I suspect that the report, of necessity, was short on information. It seems, from that, that the Pope was just echoing what many people in the world are saying. End wars, end oppression, and fix poverty. If he repeated the same message in all 63 languages, which is a nice, but redundant, touch, he would have had little time to address anything meaningful in his message anyway.
Not that it matters, but, to me, the Archbishop of York's message was more practical.

Nimuae - 25-3-2008 at 17:53

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Whilst our take on theology may be different, the Archbishop is to be respected and even applauded for his stand: "Later today I will stand waist-high in an open-air pool in the middle of York city centre......". I'd be interested to see the response to his call.

I have met this guy on four occasions now, and each time my respect for him grows. He has a very common sense approach to life in general and to religion in particular. I may not agree with some of his ideals but I would always be willing to listen to him - as he is always willing to listen to others. He is a breathe of fresh air through the stuffy York Minster hierarchy !