Karl`s PC Help Forums

Do you believe in the afterlife? + my own beliefs in religion & God!!
TooCute4Words - 18-1-2008 at 21:30

My beliefs,

(I believe that we create our own heaven & our own hell in life)

I believe in FATE, things are meant to happen for a reason.

I believe that when we die, our memories are wiped clean & our soul will be passed onto another new life.

We all run in that cycle.

on & on & on & on forever.........

I think the bible is just a storybook, but with some very good morals & meanings & so much of what is said, is true. But quite a bit is not.

Do I believe that when we die, that we shall meet Peter or God or anyone else?? Do I believe that bad people will meet the devil & be tortured til the end of time??

The answer is (No) In my opinion.

But for all of us, it's total guesswork....

But just think of how many people have been killed, due to the word "Religion", think about that hard

Then look at my first sentance in my post....Says it all really

Katzy - 18-1-2008 at 21:38

I've already died, once, so I know a bit more than most, perhaps.

TooCute4Words - 18-1-2008 at 21:43

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
I've already died, once, so I know a bit more than most, perhaps.

I'd say you've died more than once. We all have in my opinion. Our body dies but our soul goes on forever and ever and just as a new born baby appears, someones soul from someone who has died gets passed onto that baby, just working in a cycle.

I just don't believe that our souls die. That leaves our body the moment we die.

Katzy - 18-1-2008 at 22:12

Oh, I got the tunnel and the light and all that stuff. Saw people I knew and a lot of people who I didn't know, but have met, since.

I'm not scared of dying, myself, because I've been there and it was kinda kewl.

TooCute4Words - 18-1-2008 at 22:16

Quote:
Oh, I got the tunnel and the light and all that stuff. Saw people I knew and a lot of people who I didn't know, but have met, since.

I'm not scared of dying, myself, because I've been there and it was kinda kewl.

I have had dreams about it, but luckily I have never got that close. I don't want to die personally and the thought of a painful end scares me more.

I hope it's during the night while I'm in bed asleep. A peaceful end for one day, another peaceful beginning.

marymary100 - 18-1-2008 at 22:20

I'd be interested to hear more Katzy.

Dreamweaver - 18-1-2008 at 23:06

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

As would I, if I thought Karl or others were waiting for me, I could carry on, happy in that knowledge.

It's just the uncertainty that eats away at you.

Katzy - 18-1-2008 at 23:33

It was a bike smash in '76.

I did the whole "Floating out of your body" thing. It wasn't scarey, in the least.

I sort of floated around, for a while. Though I could control where I floated, for a while. Then, I got taken by what I can only describe as a "wind". That's not quite accurate, though. It was gentle, yet persuasive.

I got to the end of a tunnel. Just like you'd imagine, really. The inside wasn't dark, but the far end was dazzlingly bright, though I wasn't dazzled, if that makes sense?

I remember kinda walking towards the light. Not because I was impelled to, or anything. It was more like "Well, there's nowhere else to go and there's not a lot else I can do, really. So, I'll head for the light and see what happens."

When I got to the end, the tunnel kinda faded away and I was in a... well...a field, I guess you'd call it.

There were a lot of people wandering around, although it didn't seem crowded, or anything. That doesn't make sense, but that's the way it was.

I started to recognise some of the people, then. As I recall, an awfully large proportion of them, I knew. The thing that struck me, there, is that they looked exactly as my memory would picture them, you know? Not some stylised version, but a real memory.

However, I certainly didn't recognise all of them. Not by any means. Anyway, a small group of them were waving, beckoning me towards them. As I started to wander towards them, though, I got "The voices". Only a couple of them, both female and quite soothing. They just kept telling me that it wasn't my time. I had to go back.

I was really pissed off, believe it or not! For some reason, that I really don't think I could find the words for, I was, if you'll pardon the wording, mortified! I was really like "No! No! I don't want to go back!" and all sorts. :D

All the time, though, those female voices were telling me that it wasn't my time and being really rather soothing.

Next time I was conscious, I was being washed, in the shower, by a VERY sexy nurse. (Nurse Stevens, she was called). The reason that I remember that bit, so well, is that she was washing my norty bits and they'd... er... shall we say "Risen to the occasion"?

They lost me twice, on the table, in theatre.

For me, life's been very bad.

For me, too, though, life's been very, very good.

If I hadn't suffered the bad, the good wouldn't, perhaps, have been as special as it has been.

I try to live as though this day will be my last.

One day, of course, it will be/has been.

Runny'll remember the good, naturally. :D

marymary100 - 18-1-2008 at 23:42

Thanks for posting that. I've not known anyone who had a near death experience.

Katzy - 19-1-2008 at 00:30

I've often thought "Was it real? Was it a dream/hallucination?"

Thus far, I've steered towards "The only reality we know is the reality we experience".

When I explained all this, when I regained my head, a bit, I described to them what I'd seen, when I did the "Out-of-body" thing.

I saw what my friends/family were doing, in the part that they were waiting around in.

I knew I'd seen reality, before they even confirmed it, by the looks on their faces.

I don't even think of it as "Spooky", or anything. I suspect that I would, if I was another person, reading all this, though.

I remember it all as though it had just happened, too.

SRD - 19-1-2008 at 10:54

I'm a confirmed 'This is the only chance you get so do what you want not what they want' kind of person.

LSemmens - 19-1-2008 at 14:24

I, too, have been through the gates of death, three times, but there is too much here for me to do. I remember none of it, except that my son reports that I appeared to him at one stage, that I was going to spend some time with God, and then talk to him. At that stage I was in a Coma having been resusced three times, the prognosis at that time was that I was going home in a box. When I didn't die, they said I'd be a vegetable, don't much like them. They then asked how my house was set up for wheelchairs, I forgot to take the walking stick home from the hospital.

Do I believe in an afterlife - yep, you've only got one life to live, so make the most of it. At the end, have no regrets. The main thing that came out of my experience was - Am I in the right place with those around me, and am I in the right place with my God. To both of those, I can still say YES! Death holds no fear for me, but I'd much rather live, for now.

janet - 19-1-2008 at 15:08

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver
Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

As would I, if I thought Karl or others were waiting for me, I could carry on, happy in that knowledge.

It's just the uncertainty that eats away at you.

(((Dot)))

And watching - David was sure there was nothing after death...

janet - 19-1-2008 at 15:10

My beliefs are reasonably close to those of my denomination - the Roman Catholic. (Note, reasonably close to what the church actually *teaches* as opposed to what people might think it teaches).

I believe heartily in the resurrection of the body - I think heaven will have a physical component. On the basis of the bible (which I ask no one else to take as truth but works for me...) a resurrected body can do things like cook, walk, talk, break bread...

I have *no* idea how all this works.

John_Little - 19-1-2008 at 17:46

emphatically no.

Remember a belief in the after life is what drives suicide bombers.

Rather ironically, among the things they are promised, are multiple virgins and rivers of wine. now, they obviously haven't thought this through - not only because the whole concept is stupid in the first place, but more realy because they are not allowed to drink the wine and there are also some very strict rules on sex. Whats more, what is the point of a celestial virgin?

I suppose they could croche you a quilt and do the washing up.

John

Katzy - 19-1-2008 at 23:18

One thing I forgot to mention and it's quite important.

I've often had that "I know him/her from somewhere" [bad img]http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/c024.gif[/bad img] thing, since all that other stuff.

People that I've met, since then, were amongst the people that I saw, when I went to wherever I went to. I didn't recognise them at the time, because I'd not, yet, met them.

That freaks me, a bit, sometimes. I'm kinda getting used to it, now, though. :)

John Barnes - 20-1-2008 at 00:25

I had more or less a similar experience whilst undergoing a gall bladder operation i awoke to find my I was haemorrhaging so they rushed me back to the operating theatre to redo all the stitches inside, whilst under the second op my heart stopped for 4 minutes during that time i lifted away from my body and could hear the surgeon talking. i then drifted into a tunnel and met my father who said it was not my time as i would still be needed back there. when i was getting better weeks later a ward sister while taking out a drain tube asked me what it felt like to die i told about the conversation i heard the surgeon say she said it was impossible as not only was i under anesthetic i was physically gone she was helping during the operation and was amazed that i repeated verbatim what he had been talking about.
the warning my father gave to me about being needed came to fruition much later when my own son passed on i was left with two girls to bring up. in his place. so certainly I believe in some type of non physical existence after death. i have like katzy been and seen a small portion of things to come . jmb

victor - 20-1-2008 at 00:58

Quote:
One thing I forgot to mention and it's quite important.

I've often had that "I know him/her from somewhere" [bad img]http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/c024.gif[/bad img] thing, since all that other stuff.

People that I've met, since then, were amongst the people that I saw, when I went to wherever I went to. I didn't recognise them at the time, because I'd not, yet, met them.

That freaks me, a bit, sometimes. I'm kinda getting used to it, now, though. :)

That puts a whole new slant on it.
Does that mean We are already there and not concious of it or have you been seeing Angels going about there work.

As a side to this ( say if its going of thread) when you dream do you dream of people you do not know,or places you have not been to?

LSemmens - 20-1-2008 at 10:35

Once we die, time ceases to exist, it is entirely possible that, after death we can view the past, present, or future. Don't ask me how, I don't know.

Katzy - 20-1-2008 at 13:54

Quote:
Originally posted by victorAs a side to this ( say if its going of thread) when you dream do you dream of people you do not know,or places you have not been to?

Sadly, I can only ever remember two dreams that I've ever had, apart from the occasional "All my teeth falling out" nightmare, which I haven't had, for a while (Thankfully). One of them was total erotica (As opposed to pr0n) and the other was about my first wife.

I'm with Mr.S, with this. Time, after-all, is a man-made concept.

John_Little - 20-1-2008 at 14:47

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Once we die, time ceases to exist, it is entirely possible that, after death we can view the past, present, or future. Don't ask me how, I don't know.

Hmmm, that's an interesting point. Since time is relative and all.

John Barnes - 20-1-2008 at 14:59

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens

Hmmm, that's an interesting point. Since time is relative and all.

Probably because we leave a 3 dimensional physical universe in which we are travelling via a 4th dimension called time so we can look back from a further or higher universe (dimension ) these other dimensions have been shown to exist by quantum mechanics. so we see time not as a past, present and future but as a single continuum.
remember its only the physical that suffers ageing, you are exactly the same person within as you where at at an earlier physical age one of the tenets of Newtonian physics is energy cannot be destroyed it only changes so i conjecture after death our energy (spirit) does continue only on a different level, jmb

Quaver - 20-1-2008 at 15:55

I heard that souls travel in groups, so Katzy might have seen the groupconfused2 In that case, you tend to fall in love with same person or people from the same group time after time... Have your grand dad's soul born as your child etc.

Badgergirl - 20-1-2008 at 19:24

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by victorAs a side to this ( say if its going of thread) when you dream do you dream of people you do not know,or places you have not been to?

Sadly, I can only ever remember two dreams that I've ever had, apart from the occasional "All my teeth falling out" nightmare, which I haven't had, for a while (Thankfully). One of them was total erotica (As opposed to pr0n) and the other was about my first wife.

It's not just me!
:DI have the teeth dream too! I wake up with the feeling they are crumbling in my mouth.
I wonder what it means?brshteeth
I'm with Mr.S, with this. Time, after-all, is a man-made concept.

Badgergirl - 20-1-2008 at 19:36

I'm not sure if I believe in re-incarnation, although it would explain certain aspectcs of my memory!

I believe that God is not a seperate ruling entity, but a powerful force within every living thing. God learns with us and we must do our best to be the best we can.

I think that the more we love in life, the richer the universe becomes, and this esscence is carried on to the after/next life.
I believe I may have met my loved ones before, I certainly get the feeling I am "meant" to be connected to certain people.

Katzy - 20-1-2008 at 21:08

Quote:
Originally posted by Badgergirl
I wonder what it means?

I've seen a few of those "Dream analysis" things, over the years. They attribute that one to feelings of insecurity.

charles - 20-1-2008 at 21:20

I watched Colin Fry on TV and have seen him live,he really made me feel there is life after death,

Quaver - 20-1-2008 at 21:23

One could decompose, become worm food, and become part of the worm, and be born a worm, eaten by a bird, born as a bird etc etc:D That's physical afterlife;)

charles - 20-1-2008 at 21:27

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
One could decompose, become worm food, and become part of the worm, and be born a worm, eaten by a bird, born as a bird etc etc:D That's physical afterlife;)

Oh ,you would have to spoil it......:P:P

Quaver - 20-1-2008 at 21:37

Quote:
Originally posted by charles
Oh ,you would have to spoil it......:P:P

nananana

janet - 20-1-2008 at 22:32

Or one could go the way of the idea of transmigration of souls... - there is some evidence that this was also a Druidic belief...