Karl`s PC Help Forums

Out of the mouths of babes
Redwolf5150 - 19-12-2007 at 15:29

Ya know, sometimes kids are wise beyond their years.

This was an actual phone call from a 12-yr old boy to Houston Christian radio station KSBJ FM 89.3. So profound, the station has it posted on their website.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zCdZwitrNoY

I defy ANYONE to listen to this and not shed a tear! If more so-called Christians had this kid's understanding, this world would be a whole heck of a lot better place.

kewl_glasses

Redwolf5150 - 19-12-2007 at 15:57

Bump to say I added the attribution since my original post.

kewl_glasses

LSemmens - 19-12-2007 at 16:16

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150
If more so-called Christians had this kid's understanding, this world would be a whole heck of a lot better place.

kewl_glasses
You are right there!

victor - 19-12-2007 at 20:56

Well what can one say after that. cry_mouse

the bear - 19-12-2007 at 21:40

I hope Charles gets to listen to it.

It tugs at your senses with simple truth.

Thanks Redwolf

Regards the Bear

Redwolf5150 - 19-12-2007 at 22:51

I may enjoy tweaking Scholar and the rest of the Ultra-religious people with my Native American/Buddihst/Taoist mumbo jumble, but I will not knowingly deprive someone of something that might offer comfort to someone in need of a little comfort.

Something like this might offer some solice, especially with the holidays coming.

The Great Spirit knows we've had our share of "family" pain this year.

kewl_glasses

scholar - 20-12-2007 at 01:49

May God bless you and your family, Jamie. kewl_glasses

LSemmens - 20-12-2007 at 13:29

We may agree to differ on many topics, Jamie, but, I think that we all agree that the world in general needs more compassion and understanding of those who hold different viewpoints!

Badgergirl - 21-12-2007 at 20:07

I wached this video and it made me upset.

I don't like to think of Kids believing that it's a "good thing" that Jesus died. In my understanding of the story, God decided it and it happened. If I want to prove my love for someone who needs it, I don't kill off my family, to say "Look, I killed something I loved for you"

This attitude can also make people resigned to their lot in life because it's "God's plan", I've seen people very put-upon because of it. Family included.

I'm sorry if this wasn't the answer you were expecting from me, but It sort of comes down to One of the reasons I've never been a Christian.

It's still nice to think kids can be as thoughtful as Logan though. I'm sure he's a lovely boy.

delanti - 21-12-2007 at 21:12

That call has nothing to do with killing someone or something to get right with God. It's a young man learning that sometimes no matter how special something is to us we have know how to let go of it. The boy did what had to be done regardless of what his feelings were but knowing what he did was the right thing to do.

If he can do what he did and relate it to God giving up his son I would say that he is a compassionate you man. One who would not be inclined kill something unless there were no other alternative.

My hats off to Logan, I hope there are lots of others just like him out there.

doffs_cap