Karl`s PC Help Forums

Prayer for Badgergirl's cousin
scholar - 13-12-2007 at 00:03

In the Primal Scream thread, we see he will have surgery for an injured thumb (which, at the very worst, could be removed--but, we can pray it won't be necessary).

the bear - 13-12-2007 at 00:32

BG, we hope that all works out well, Prayers will be said.

Regards the Bear

LSemmens - 13-12-2007 at 11:44

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, Scholar, I've not read that thread yet, I trust that she has asked for prayer, or that you've obtained her permission. I'm sure BG will be fine about it, but, we still need to be seen to be doing the right thing. A link to the appropriate thread, may also be appropriate.

Swish Checkley - 13-12-2007 at 11:48

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Thank you for bringing it to our attention, Scholar, I've not read that thread yet, I trust that she has asked for prayer, or that you've obtained her permission. I'm sure BG will be fine about it, but, we still need to be seen to be doing the right thing. A link to the appropriate thread, may also be appropriate.

Seconded. Is Badgergirl's cousin a Christian and if not, are prayers appropriate?

scholar - 13-12-2007 at 12:52

No prayer request was made.

I've never heard of needing permission to pray for someone. I didn't think anyone would mind.

Nor did I restrict my suggestions to Christians.

Have I made a mistake, Judy?

janet - 13-12-2007 at 13:02

A lot of my friends and people I know would be *very* annoyed to find that someone was praying for them, for whatever reason.

I suspect BG will take the idea as it was meant, as something kind - but in general, yes, it is generally an idea to ask, particularly if you know the person involved does not share your faith/belief.

CF I would not ask for prayers for someone deceased for someone who would not say such prayers themselves, due to what they believe about death, etc. (It wouldn't necessarily keep me from praying but I would respect their wishes about public solicitation of prayers).

It is the same with healing - I know a number of people who have been very clear that they wish no one to pray for/work for healing for whatever it is they suffer from. Those wishes are ones I respect.

Swish Checkley - 13-12-2007 at 14:24

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I've never heard of needing permission to pray for someone. I didn't think anyone would mind.

And it is entirely possible that Judy won't mind, she no doubt is intellient enough to know that it was meant kindly.
But as Janet says, if you believe prayer works then fine, do so privately, but assuming that people will find it a help or a comfort I think is unwise. I would be very annoyed if anyone offered to pray for me because I do not believe and I wish people to respect this, just as I respect your right to believe.

marymary100 - 13-12-2007 at 17:44

I pray for anyone who requests it.

Redwolf5150 - 14-12-2007 at 16:47

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

Than pray for me.

I'm in need of a small Christmas miracle myself.

:(

marymary100 - 14-12-2007 at 16:50

I will indeed.

the bear - 14-12-2007 at 17:27

Badger Girl, hows the patient, any news?????

Regards the Bear

victor - 15-12-2007 at 00:30

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

Say one for me please.

While I do pray for others I never think it is right to ask the lord for things for yourself but forgiveness.

janet - 15-12-2007 at 00:43

Victor, you raise a good point... and one I'll start a new thread about (rather than divert this one).

LSemmens - 15-12-2007 at 13:23

I look forward to that discussion, Janet. As for the other prayer requests, noted and done!

Badgergirl - 16-12-2007 at 00:39

Hello All! I've been out and about and unable to read this thread until now!

I thank you for your prayer Scholar, I cannot be offended at an act of kindness, life is far to short and precious to get offended at kind thoughts.

Having said that to Y'all, Pray for my soul if you wish, but don't tell me you are doing it, it's just rude! (I don't really count you lot, but It's happened in the "real world" and it's just patronising!)

Now then....to my cousin!

He has damaged the tendon on his left hand(I'm told he's right handed) that allows him to waggle his thumb in and out of his palm, but his surgery is very likely to heal that up properly, perfectly or almost perfectly.
I'm still rather angry at his Mother for exaggerating so badly!

scholar - 16-12-2007 at 00:44

Good to hear, Badgergirl.kewl_glasses

LSemmens - 16-12-2007 at 11:30

I'm pleased to hear it BG! When you become a mother, you'll find that flights of exaggeration, along with insanity, is hereditary. You catch it from your kids! Be nice to mum, she needs all the help she can get!

Footnote: It gets worse as mum gets older, and she becomes a grandmum! You have been warned!

Arwenna - 16-12-2007 at 11:32

Glad to hear the good news and he is going to be alright :)

Quaver - 16-12-2007 at 14:03

Great news! Keep us postedwaveysmiley