Karl`s PC Help Forums

Award-winning athlete--the doctor thought he ought not be born
scholar - 12-12-2007 at 23:04

Best college football player

It's our version of football, not yours.;)

The first underclassman ever to win this title was born healthy, in spite of the doctor's recommendation that he be aborted, as you can read in the article.:D

Badgergirl - 12-12-2007 at 23:11

One of the many Anti-Abortion arguments that I'd run with!

You can't gamble on a life, as this article proves.

LSemmens - 13-12-2007 at 11:41

To me, abortion is murder. This article is a perfect case in point. Many of the documentaries on conception and pregnancy that show unborn foetuses show little humans waiting to be born. Not that many of these shows are making a case for or against abortion.

janet - 13-12-2007 at 11:44

I have a real issue with anti-abortion information that relies on pictures of babies, and sob stories. That's an emotional approach to an essentially ethical issue.

For me, until or unless someone can point out, "this becomes human HERE", the default option is to assume that humanity begins at the point of conception, and accord all human rights from that point.

LSemmens - 13-12-2007 at 12:27

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
I have a real issue with anti-abortion information that relies on pictures of babies, and sob stories. That's an emotional approach to an essentially ethical issue.

For me, until or unless someone can point out, "this becomes human HERE", the default option is to assume that humanity begins at the point of conception, and accord all human rights from that point.

As do I Janet, which is why I commented that the documentaries were totally bipartisan. Your point about conception is also my thinking.

the bear - 15-12-2007 at 05:41

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
To me, abortion is murder. This article is a perfect case in point. Many of the documentaries on conception and pregnancy that show unborn foetuses show little humans waiting to be born. Not that many of these shows are making a case for or against abortion.

I agree entirely. but sadly young people espesially are totally irresponsible, a quite common mentality on the sink estates is to use abortion as a form of contraception.

I know girl who by her own admittion set out to get pregnant at 14 so as not to have to go to school, lived with her mother and siblings, had twins just before her 16th birthday so that she could get a council house. now at 26 has five children and is not ashamed to own up to having had more abortions than she has children. I believe this is not uncommon. What price life.

Regards the Bear

scholar - 15-12-2007 at 06:01

Among those whose life has ended before birth may be the doctors who would have cured AIDS or some forms of cancer, or who would have developed greatly improved food crops, or who would have lead nations to greater cooperation.