Karl`s PC Help Forums

Today's Lighter Side: Bring Your Camel To Work Day
JackInCT - 22-9-2016 at 15:53

Today's Lighter Side: Bring Your Camel To Work Day

Pix taken in Mongolia in mid-June (from train spotters railpictures.net)

So after your camels have a good wallow, you can ride one of them to work, or commute on the train. They certainly look like they're enjoying the mud, and judging by the amount of mud, make frequent use of the wallow. I don't know zip about camel behavior but it sure looks like two of them are in love.

LSemmens - 23-9-2016 at 02:00

Camels, to me, have always been desert dwellers, so I'd suggest that it's bred into them that, if there is water and/or mud, take full advantage of it.....

JackInCT - 23-9-2016 at 13:05

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
.... if there is water and/or mud, take full advantage of it.....

I had completely forgotten most of what I had ever known about Mongolia to include just where it is. So I read up on it in a couple of Wikis, to include some climate type Wikis. Very dry place (perennial droughts) it seems, and very long & cold winters, and very short summers--significant problems with frequent animal die-offs due to drought conditions.

Didn't see much on economic status but it's a huge country with few paved roads and RRs are its lifeblood re getting around; didn't see a hint on how they are able to afford RRs.

Attached RR pix is likely what the long winter is like all over Mongolia.

LSemmens - 24-9-2016 at 00:45

I think I commented on the other thread that I'd love to do the Trans Siberian, I'd think it was rather similar, somehow.

Quaver - 24-9-2016 at 07:20

Amazing scenery :)