Karl`s PC Help Forums

Discover Costa Rica Without Leaving Home (Video + Stills)
IntrepBerkExplor - 1-9-2011 at 20:28

Internet Premiere

"Rainforest Nature Nation" celebrates unusual creatures of Costa Rica, starring the Walking Stick, Bullet Ant, Blue Jeans Frog, Sloth, Iguanas, Leaf Cutter Ants, White Faced Monkeys, and the Strangler Fig, among others. Also featured are Crocodiles plus Caiman, and don't miss Croc feeding time. Costa Rica protects its wildlife in private reserves and national parks.

"Rainforest Nature Nation" can be viewed on the web if you have a high speed internet connection.

This is a free, non-commercial, streaming video on the Windows Media Player. Absolutely no ads and no strings attached. I still sell absolutely nothing, travel videos being my hobby, not a business.

My video site is:

http://intrepidberkeleyexplorer.com/Video.html

With any modem you can view the Costa Rica still photo gallery at:

http://intrepidberkeleyexplorer.com/Page36.html

There are over 30 of my other amateur travel videos on-line covering all seven continents. Visit Italy, England, Hawaii, Antarctica, Bali, China, Russia, Mayan Pyramids, Greece, or Turkey; see whales, penguins, or polar bears.

The planet is yours, including my Home Page giant galaxy of still pictures at:

http://intrepidberkeleyexplorer.com/

The Intrepid Berkeley Explorer

Nimuae - 1-9-2011 at 20:29

Wow - what a strange looking frog ! Great Photo, thank you.

marymary100 - 1-9-2011 at 20:34

Looks like a fashion statement.

IntrepBerkExplor - 1-9-2011 at 21:44

Another name for this creature is the "Blue Jeans Poisonous Dart Frog".

I doubt anyone still uses poisonous darts in Costa Rica.

But frogs, among others, use bright colors as a way to advertise that eating them is dangerous. Predators most likely get the message.

Dave

LSemmens - 2-9-2011 at 14:24

So he is the poisonous dart! I must remember that if I ever make Costa Rica. Thanks for the show, Dave, where to next?

IntrepBerkExplor - 2-9-2011 at 15:53

I'm still interested in new places.

Next year that likely means Madagascar and Iceland.

Dave

scholar - 3-9-2011 at 14:20

Quote:
Originally posted by IntrepBerkExplor
Another name for this creature is the "Blue Jeans Poisonous Dart Frog".

I doubt anyone still uses poisonous darts in Costa Rica.

But frogs, among others, use bright colors as a way to advertise that eating them is dangerous. Predators most likely get the message.

Dave

How would a predator know that bright colors in frogs mean they are dangerous or poisonous? If a predator ate one and died from doing so, it couldn't pass on the information to other predators, in or out of its species.

But, if the same Creator made certain poison frogs colorful, and designed the predators with instinctual knowledge to recognize this--those ideas make sense.

I remember the flamboyant cuttlefish to be an example of a brightly colored poisonous species that predators avoid in the ocean.

Thanks again, Dave, for sharing with us. doffs_cap