Karl`s PC Help Forums

When they said "Warm your bones beside the fire"
Redwolf5150 - 5-2-2011 at 04:10

I DON'T think Pink Floyd had THIS

[bad img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/redwolf5150/2411-1_0622.jpg[/bad img]

in mind!

For those photographer who are curious, I used an 18-55mm zoom at 18mm.

That's how close I was.

The Merrill Fire Department LOVES me.

They do think I'm NUTS, however.

:D

the bear - 5-2-2011 at 04:15

That looks horrific, I nobody was hurt.

Great detail, I like the way you've captured the firemans torch. it holds your eye.

A hot job eh.

Regards the Bear

Redwolf5150 - 5-2-2011 at 04:19

Nobody was home except the family's two sled dogs. A neighbor got them out, though.

The trailer was a total loss, however.

Had to chase one of the tankers 20 miles out into the country to get to the scene just as the flames broke through the windows.

I was NOT amused when the tanker lost a piece of apparatus 200 feet ahead of me while we were both doing 60 mph and I had to swerve to avoid hitting it.

The driver came up to me after we got to the scene and apologized. I told him I'll follow him a little further back from now on if he wasn't going to tie his gear down properly. We both had a good laugh.

Combat Driving School training pays off yet again.

;)

the bear - 5-2-2011 at 04:25

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150
Nobody was home except the family's two sled dogs. A neighbor got them out, though.

The trailer was a total loss, however.

Had to chase one of the tankers 20 miles out into the country to get to the scene just as the flames broke through the windows.

I was NOT amused when the tanker lost a piece of apparatus 200 feet ahead of me while we were both doing 60 mph and I had to swerve to avoid hitting it.

The driver came up to me after we got to the scene and apologized. I told him I'll follow him a little further back from now on if he wasn't going to tie his gear down properly. We both had a good laugh.

Combat Driving School training pays off yet again.

;)

Did the photo get used in your local paper?

Regards the Bear

Redwolf5150 - 5-2-2011 at 04:28

Barring me getting something even BETTER it will be the front page of the next issue.

Just took it tonight.

the bear - 5-2-2011 at 04:34

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150
Barring me getting something even BETTER it will be the front page of the next issue.

Just took it tonight.

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Regards the Bear