Karl`s PC Help Forums

ANOTHER long-term project
Redwolf5150 - 5-5-2009 at 01:39

Jackie is the plant expert in the family. I just photograph the results of her green thumb, maybe occasionally suggest a plant.

Well, this weekend we got something I have been whining for over four years to get.

A hummingbird feeder!

Today -- at my insistence -- we got a honeysuckle plant and small trellis for it to grow up.

Both of which are part of my long-range goal of putting in a small rock garden with plants that will attract hummingbirds and butterflies.

Within range of my big lens!

*crosses fingers*

the bear - 5-5-2009 at 01:44

Why dont you think of a pool as well you'll attract the most beautiful dragonflies if you do.

Regards the Bear

waffler - 5-5-2009 at 02:51

We have several humming bird feeders and love to watch the humming birds feeding . They will fly from one end of the porch to the other , just missing your head , as for honeysuckle it smells great and grows wild thru shrubs and trees , I have just spent 2 days clearing honeysuckle from my ma in laws shrubs and trees . :)

Redwolf5150 - 5-5-2009 at 04:35

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Why dont you think of a pool as well you'll attract the most beautiful dragonflies if you do.

Regards the Bear

Eventually we want to put a small waterfall and pond in the backyard.

But that's a year away at least.

kewl_glasses

LSemmens - 5-5-2009 at 12:00

We have a "well" (a structure that looks like an old well) into which I have set a wine barrel half and a pump that circulates the water through an old hand pump. Eventually I intend to set it up so that the water runs from the well to our fish pond about 10m away, sot of like a small version of the water feature in the photo competition thread.

waffler - 6-5-2009 at 01:09

Quote:
Quote:

Eventually we want to put a small waterfall and pond in the backyard.

But that's a year away at least.

kewl_glasses

To many cats around here for a fish pond . Had two ponds in my yard when I lived in England . Had some koi carp over a foot long , and gave them all away when I sold my house . :(

Redwolf5150 - 6-5-2009 at 01:25

With a 10 and 90 gallon tanks inside the house, we have no desire for a koi pound OUTSIDE.

Just something for my little Zen corner of the backyard.

That's all I ask.