Karl`s PC Help Forums

A picture for Bear.
Snowy - 3-5-2009 at 19:36

Hi Bear,
I took this picture for you today, I remember you saying you were interested in the Beatrice oil rigs that I can see from my front door.
It is not very good because it is on the horizon and far away and my camera has not got a good zoom.
If you can zoom in on it you will see that there are 2 wind turbines to the right of it. I can see two other rigs but they are much further away than this one....Sorry about the quality !
waveysmiley

waffler - 3-5-2009 at 20:19

Reccognised the oi rigs but not the wind turbines thought they were another rig further out

Snowy - 3-5-2009 at 20:37

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Reccognised the oi rigs but not the wind turbines thought they were another rig further out

Hi Waffler, yes they are not very clear are they, I was thinking of using my late Fathers spotting scope and trying to take a photo through it with my camera...do you think that would work?
confused2

Faolan - 3-5-2009 at 20:44

It can work Snowy, you just need a special adaptor... Depends a lot on the camera and the scope. Some twitchers use this method to get bird shots as it's cheaper than many of the telephoto lenses plus it's used for astro-photography.

Snowy - 3-5-2009 at 20:52

Quote:
Originally posted by Faolan
It can work Snowy, you just need a special adaptor... Depends a lot on the camera and the scope. Some twitchers use this method to get bird shots as it's cheaper than many of the telephoto lenses plus it's used for astro-photography.

Thanks Faolan, I suppose the best thing for me to do is give it a try. If it doesn't work I can always delete it.
I cant afford a better camera.
:(

the bear - 3-5-2009 at 23:15

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
Hi Bear,
I took this picture for you today, I remember you saying you were interested in the Beatrice oil rigs that I can see from my front door.
It is not very good because it is on the horizon and far away and my camera has not got a good zoom.
If you can zoom in on it you will see that there are 2 wind turbines to the right of it. I can see two other rigs but they are much further away than this one....Sorry about the quality !
waveysmiley

Thank you Snowy, it is kind of you to take time out to take the photos.

Regards the Bear

Snowy - 4-5-2009 at 08:09

It was no trouble Bear, I only have to point my camera from my front door. I just wish I could make it look a little closer, it would look nice at night as well when it is all lit up and you can see the flame burning in the night sky !
waveysmiley

Quaver - 4-5-2009 at 14:04

I can make out the turbines, great shot Snowywaveysmiley

Snowy - 4-5-2009 at 14:37

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
I can make out the turbines, great shot Snowywaveysmiley

Its not great Quaver but its the best I can do with my camera. If you click on the photo to enlarge it I get a magnifier thing which when you press it brings it a little closer but not much.
Thanks anyway !
:D

LSemmens - 4-5-2009 at 16:02

That's a shot from your front door? I'm mildly impressed. If I took a shot from my front door, all Id get was a shot of my path leading out to the street and my neighbour's driveway over the road! My back door, at least gives me something more useful, the back of the pub on the main street a few hundred metres away!

Snowy - 4-5-2009 at 16:19

Perhaps Bear would like this one, it is a series of caves just 5 minutes walk from my front door.....He could stay in them for his holidays.
:P:P:Pwaveysmiley

the bear - 4-5-2009 at 21:32

Hi Snowy, thanks for the cave photos, I would love to explore. just the sort of place I love to visit. ( Dont think I'd stay over though, I like my caves with a all mod cons )

Regards the Bear

LSemmens - 5-5-2009 at 12:15

You live in a beautiful part of the world, Snowy.

Snowy - 5-5-2009 at 15:49

This is another that is just 2 minutes walk for me, it was taken in winter and shows the icicles hanging from the cliffs.
:)

Quaver - 5-5-2009 at 16:05

shocked_yellow
Better not walk under it.

marymary100 - 5-5-2009 at 16:34

Are you near the stacks?

the bear - 5-5-2009 at 16:37

Quote:
This is another that is just 2 minutes walk for me, it was taken in winter and shows the icicles hanging from the cliffs.

I have similar photos taken on Snowdon where the water has been running off the mountain then halted by a harsh freeze. Amazing forms and patterns

Regards the Bear

Snowy - 5-5-2009 at 16:42

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Are you near the stacks?

I am surrounded by stacks, caves and cliffs Mary, it is wonderful and I love it, I have it to myself most of the time !
waveysmiley

marymary100 - 5-5-2009 at 17:15

I've always wanted to see those ones that look like sails out in the water. :)

Snowy - 5-5-2009 at 17:21

Quote:
I've always wanted to see those ones that look like sails out in the water. :)
)
Duncansby near John O'Groats ?....They are good and the bird life is fantastic !...Well worth a visit if you are near this way.

Snowy - 5-5-2009 at 17:23

http://www.fettes.com/caithness/Stacks%20of%20Duncansby.htm

marymary100 - 5-5-2009 at 17:50

Those are the ones snowy. :) A bit far for a jaunt though.

Snowy - 5-5-2009 at 18:07

Quote:

Here are some good ones I have found Mary, hope you enjoy them, if you click on the pictures they expand.
waveysmiley

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14508691@N08/sets/72157616778752222/

Sorry Mary, the link is not working, thats a shame because there was some really nice photos on there !

DeWitch - 5-5-2009 at 19:19

Quote:
Quote:

Here are some good ones I have found Mary, hope you enjoy them, if you click on the pictures they expand.
waveysmiley
Sorry Mary, the link is not working, thats a shame because there was some really nice photos on there !

Faolan - 5-5-2009 at 19:21

I'll dig out some of my recce shots of Caithness over the next few days ;)

Snowy - 5-5-2009 at 19:33

Thank you Faolan for sorting the link out for me, I dont know what I did wrong but I think they are are good pictures and worth seeing!
Many thanks.
waveysmileywaveysmiley

the bear - 5-5-2009 at 19:33

Quote:
Originally posted by Faolan
I'll dig out some of my recce shots of Caithness over the next few days ;)

Faolan, I'll look forward to seeing those, your photos a delight.

Regards the Bear