Karl`s PC Help Forums

England photos
delanti - 24-1-2009 at 00:18

I received some beautiful photos in and email. The only one I recognized was Stonehedge, I wish I knew what the other ones were.waveysmiley

England

waffler - 24-1-2009 at 00:27

One of them is definitely White Cliffs of Dover and the Tea Room looks like it is in the Cotswolds The castles are spread all over the UK most look familiar but I dare not try to name them , as I would probably get them wrong . Will do some more looking at them .

waffler - 24-1-2009 at 00:30

The one with the ships is Dover Ferry Terminal

Quaver - 24-1-2009 at 07:42

Isn't one of them King's college Cambridge?
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/subs/cam61.htm

Nimuae - 24-1-2009 at 07:56

The four one (r) on the third row of page one is the main street in Howarth - where the Brontes lived.

LSemmens - 24-1-2009 at 11:33

Yep, they're all photos, allright!

John_Little - 24-1-2009 at 12:20

Well I'm pretty sure that the castle with the moat is Bodiam Castle And I thought the cobbled hill was either Gold Hill in Salisbury (the hovis add hill) or Clovelly (?) in Cornwall.

Faolan - 24-1-2009 at 13:38

It's not Gold Hill in Shaftesbury because it doesn't have a retaining stone wall on the right looking down. The shot has buildings on both sides of the road. Clovelly if I remember right has mostly white buildings with a view to the sea.

John_Little - 24-1-2009 at 13:58

Quite right, Faolan, and I meant Shaftsbury not Salisbury.

delanti - 24-1-2009 at 23:32

You are doing good so far guys. Keep it up. Nothing worse than looking at a beautiful picture and not having any idea what it is. Thanks.waveysmiley

Quaver - 25-1-2009 at 05:30

Quote:
Originally posted by delanti
You are doing good so far guys. Keep it up. Nothing worse than looking at a beautiful picture and not having any idea what it is. Thanks.waveysmiley

Perhaps you could put the place names under the pics so we know which ones have been identified?

delanti - 25-1-2009 at 15:14

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
Quote:
Originally posted by delanti

Perhaps you could put the place names under the pics so we know which ones have been identified?

Sorted! If I make any mistakes, let me know.waveysmiley

delanti - 25-1-2009 at 15:20

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
The four one (r) on the third row of page one is the main street in Howarth - where the Brontes lived.

I am having trouble figuring out which photo you mean. My screen shows the photos 6 across and 3 rows down with 2 in row 4. Perhaps a difference in our screen resolutions? What distinguishing feature can I look for?confused2