Karl`s PC Help Forums

New camera!
liz - 12-4-2008 at 02:19

I got a new camera yesterday. Woohoo! Haven't actually tried it out yet (want to actually read the instructions first).

After many people recommending it, I ordered the Canon Elph SD40. It's an "older" version but it has 7 mp's. It's very small and has lots of bling.

Once I take some pics and upload them, I'll share. :D

scholar - 12-4-2008 at 02:29

7 Minister of Parliament s?

7 Military Police s?confused2

Daz - 12-4-2008 at 02:36

Mega Pixels....... waggyfinger

LSemmens - 12-4-2008 at 14:04

I prefer Scholar's interpretation!

Hal - 12-4-2008 at 17:14

Quote:
Originally posted by liz
I got a new camera yesterday. Woohoo! Haven't actually tried it out yet (want to actually read the instructions first).

After many people recommending it, I ordered the Canon Elph SD40. It's an "older" version but it has 7 mp's. It's very small and has lots of bling.

Once I take some pics and upload them, I'll share. :D

I hope you enjoy the camera. My Canon S1 died recently and Canon upgraded me to an S3. I read the manual first also, and then made 5 shots on default settings and the 16meg card that came with it and the card was full. I went back and read some more. The pictures were being shot at 6mp (1 smaller than yours.) and I could seldom/probably never use such a large file so I set the camera to 1600x1200, or a decent 4x6 print and that works well on the PC screen with Windows picture and fax viewer.

I also put a couple 1meg cards on order, in case I ever leave home and want more pictures.

Quaver - 13-4-2008 at 07:27

Quote:
Originally posted by Hal
I also put a couple 1meg cards on order, in case I ever leave home and want more pictures.

1meg? You mean 1 gig:D
I bought 2gb ones. Never filled it to capacity though yet, with my new Canon IXUS 860IS;)
Mine's 8 mega-pixel, and always taken at highest setting. I have couple of spare 2gb ones for holidays:) It's the movies that takes up most space.

liz - 13-4-2008 at 12:13

Hoping I have time today to read the manual and experiment. :)

Redwolf5150 - 13-4-2008 at 14:37

Can't go wrong with a Canon of ANY vintage.

kewl_glasses

Hal - 14-4-2008 at 13:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
Quote:
Originally posted by Hal

1meg? You mean 1 gig:D
I bought 2gb ones. Never filled it to capacity though yet, with my new Canon IXUS 860IS;)
Mine's 8 mega-pixel, and always taken at highest setting. I have couple of spare 2gb ones for holidays:) It's the movies that takes up most space.

Right, and it gets worse as I get older.confused2

the bear - 15-4-2008 at 19:49

I new camera revives the photographic urge, and that can only be good, enjoy

Regards the Bear