Karl`s PC Help Forums

Google chrome on android phone
scholar - 9-3-2015 at 22:54

I am using it on Ruby's phone but I do not know how to close a tab. So every day I use it results in more tabs open. I think I am up to eleven. Yesterday it was eight.confused2

victor - 10-3-2015 at 17:47

Tap the cross on each tab. Close each one when finished.

sceptre - 11-3-2015 at 15:16

I'm not so sure it's just as straight forward as that Victor with chrome .
On the phone version there should be a square icon top right of the browser , click it to get the options for clearing history bookmarks etc.
problem is that not all phones appear to be showing the above mentioned icon .
Needless to say we've not been informed of the make /model
and I seem to have left my crystal ball elsewhere ;)

scholar - 14-3-2015 at 00:27

I have not been able to find my Obama phone since rubes
Birthday party. We think any of several guests stole it. Anyone trying to reach me would call that number. It has years of phone numbers and messages on its memory.
:(:(:(

scholar - 14-3-2015 at 00:37

Without asking me first, ruby bought me s smart phone to replace it. Instead of getting $300 worth of phone time from the govt each year, I would have to pay $480 out of my wallet to keep it going. And I font know how to use it. And no one know this number but ruby.:

LSemmens - 14-3-2015 at 03:49

if you sspeak to your supplier they should be able to cancel the old sim (in the stolen phone) and issue you with a new one on that number. You wont have all the old stuff, but you will have the number.

scholar - 14-3-2015 at 23:47

Without asking me first, ruby bought me s smart phone to replace it. Instead of getting $300 worth of phone time from the govt each year, I would have to pay $480 out of my wallet to keep it going. And I font know how to use it. And no one know this number but ruby.:

marymary100 - 15-3-2015 at 00:06

Yes, you said...

scholar - 15-3-2015 at 02:47

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
if you sspeak to your supplier they should be able to cancel the old sim (in the stolen phone) and issue you with a new one on that number. You wont have all the old stuff, but you will have the number.
no supplier talks to anyone. With a government phone you sign up for one and it is mailed to you. There is no customer service dept. The
Phone is paid for by the govt, not me, so the provider has no need to help me

marymary100 - 15-3-2015 at 10:42

Living off Government handouts is something you seem conflicted about scholar. You complain about taxes and yet sign up for all freebies that the taxes provide. You did not take care of the phone you were given and blame everyone round about you for your circumstances. You lose, you pay - simple as...

LSemmens - 16-3-2015 at 10:14

Even the Government must have a network supplier. The phone would have had a SIM in it programmed by someone. As a good friend of mine was wont to say, "You don't ask, you don't get!"

Quaver - 16-3-2015 at 10:48

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Phone is paid for by the govt, not me, so the provider has no need to help me

Couldn't you call the government? I'm sure they'd like to know if it's stolen.

As for chrome, I have that on my Android phone.
Can you see a square on the top right corner? Tap that, then you can see all your tabs. Close it by tapping x.