Karl`s PC Help Forums

Broadband tax.
giron - 2-11-2009 at 23:32

Broadband tax will force 100,000 homes to give up internet connection, warns Charles Dunstone the chief executive of TalkTalk/Tiscali.

Would you feel forced to give up your broadband service for the sake of an extra 50p per month?


marymary100 - 2-11-2009 at 23:37

I think I could just about stretch to cover that amount presuming petrol doesn't go up again.


Quaver - 2-11-2009 at 23:47

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
Would you feel forced to give up your broadband service for the sake of an extra 50p per month?

No. I'll give up something else;)


giron - 2-11-2009 at 23:49

Dunston says ....


Quote:

Government should instead focus on enabling private sector investment and encouraging effective competition.


Perhaps he'll be willing to part finance the next-generation broadband networks?


Quaver - 2-11-2009 at 23:59

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
Perhaps he'll be willing to part finance the next-generation broadband networks?

I'm on 1mb sub, but my line is capable of 3.5mb which is bare minimum for TiscaliTV:(

I don't want flaky TV, so if someone could up the speed on my line, I'd be happywaveysmiley


giron - 3-11-2009 at 00:03

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver

I'm on 1mb sub, but my line is capable of 3.5mb which is bare minimum for TiscaliTV:(

I don't want flaky TV, so if someone could up the speed on my line, I'd be happywaveysmiley


Judging by the number of complaints, Tiscali TV appears to be flaky whatever speed your line is capable of working at! waggyfinger


Quaver - 3-11-2009 at 00:18

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver

I'm on 1mb sub, but my line is capable of 3.5mb which is bare minimum for TiscaliTV:(

I don't want flaky TV, so if someone could up the speed on my line, I'd be happywaveysmiley


Judging by the number of complaints, Tiscali TV appears to be flaky whatever speed your line is capable of working at! waggyfinger

People only post when there are problems.
Looking at my upgrade options, TiscaliTV+ (can record up to 50 hrs) is free at the same price as normal onekewl_glasses


giron - 3-11-2009 at 00:42

How much do they charge for the porno channels?


Quaver - 3-11-2009 at 00:46

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
How much do they charge for the porno channels?

:D:D:D
Like I carewaggyfinger


giron - 3-11-2009 at 00:56

You'd care if you were an MP claiming it as expenses! ;)


Daz - 3-11-2009 at 01:15

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
How much do they charge for the porno channels?


Why would you pay for it, when it's free all over the internet...? confused2

;)


giron - 3-11-2009 at 01:19

Obviously, Tiscali are too stupid to realise that!

It's a jolly good job that some of their customers are even more stupid and are willing to pay for the porn channels. :)


Mary2 - 3-11-2009 at 13:20

lips_sealed

Why stay with a company you don't like Quaver? I moved on and have speeds of up to 8mb. It's never been below 6 since I got it and yet when I was with T they consistently claimed that the dropping line and the low speeds were not their fault.


Quaver - 3-11-2009 at 13:44

Quote:
Originally posted by Mary2
lips_sealed

Why stay with a company you don't like Quaver?

It's cheap;)


giron - 3-11-2009 at 14:17

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver

It's cheap;)


Plus, it's reliable and you get unlimited downlods, subject to T&C's.

BTW Q, have you managed to get a substantial reduction on your monthly subscription yet?

PPS don't forget to get me one too. ;)


Quaver - 3-11-2009 at 14:51

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
BTW Q, have you managed to get a substantial reduction on your monthly subscription yet?

PPS don't forget to get me one too. ;)

:D No :D


giron - 3-11-2009 at 22:57

Quote:
Originally posted by Mary2
lips_sealed

I moved on and have speeds of up to 8mb. It's never been below 6 since I got it


Bear in mind that some of us live too far from the exchange to get those speeds. :(


marymary100 - 3-11-2009 at 22:59

T told me I lived too far from the exchange - apparently not! kewl_glasses


giron - 3-11-2009 at 23:05

Take no notice of what they say, they don't know what they're talking about! waggyfinger

However, BT's own estimations indicate that I can only get up to 3.5Mbps.