Karl`s PC Help Forums

Thunderbird users?
LSemmens - 2-12-2008 at 12:03

I thought I'd give thunderbird a go and have managed to set up my accounts. But am having trouble downloading old messages off the server. Anything new seems to come in allright, but anyhing that has been read, TB seems to ignore. I've been browsing the Mozilla fora, to no avail, anyone here had any suggestions, or should I ask "over there"?

ErraticToad - 28-1-2009 at 15:37

One has to presume that you weren't using Thunderbird before?

One also has to presume that you were not using IMAP and that your previous mail client was clearing old mails from the server on read / download.

If this is the case, then you won't be able to just browse old mails. What you can do is fire up the old mail client and export your messages and then import them into Thunderbird.

HTH?

LSemmens - 29-1-2009 at 07:44

Old news ET, More info, two POP3 accts, one IMAP and one HTTP. I have been using TB for some time and had to re-install. The messages were still on the servers, as I could view them there. It doesn't matter, now as I managed to download them anyway, and I'm not sure how I did it. There is a fantastic util that backs up all FF, SeaMonkey and TB. Called MozBackup it does what the name says!