Karl`s PC Help Forums

my foolish ways
John Barnes - 11-12-2016 at 15:39

I updated my computer by putting a beast of a graphics card Radeon 480 and upped my memory to 16 gig still not satisfied I upped the dual core processor to a quad core run it with two SSD hard drives and a standby 500 gig normal SATA drive with windows 10 pro and a power pack of 750 watts I upped the voltages it was running very fast then suddenly POOF the mother board gave out
So now I am running a new Gigabyte mother board and a quad core chip AMD 8.running at 3.8 gig. 16 gig of memory and it was a swine to configure, the new SATA 3 will not work in a caddy system but one main lesson learnt is stop tinkering it all ends in tears. Hahaha happy lol
Christmas every one
:bon)

JackInCT - 11-12-2016 at 16:54

You know John sometimes our forefathers got it right, but we of the so called modern age have failed to integrate what they knew with modern technology. To Wit:

In the religion of Ancient Rome, a haruspex (plural haruspices; also called aruspex) was a person trained to practice a form of divination called haruspicy (haruspicina) the inspection of the entrails (exta), hence also extispicy (extispicium) of sacrificed animals, especially the livers of sacrificed sheep and poultry. The reading of omens specifically from the liver is also known by the Greek term hepatoscopy (also hepatomancy).

The reading of omens is not, IMO, passe (and of course you can upload it to YouTube and it's very likely that it would go viral). Yes, it's a bit messy, but when you're done you also get a meal out of it. JUST SAYING. Ha Ha Ha

Please consider this a 'been there, done that' commiseration reply.

John Barnes - 11-12-2016 at 19:15

Its all a learning curve I just didn't want Scholar tampering with his FSB or his voltages and his sub masking, like Icarus my wings became unstuck in my hubris of computer clocking. as Mr Semmens once told me if it aint broke don't fix it

scholar - 11-12-2016 at 23:17

I knew it!! I knew something was happening with you. (But, I didn't know why you were MIA--it could have been health problems, or perhaps your family needed you.)

I have been posting recently about choosing between memory upgrade or a newer computer, and what to do after I got the newer one. I was sure that something was amiss, or you would have been jumping in with jibes to the age of my system, comingled with helpful advice and knowledge regarding the decisions and challenges now facing me.kewl_glasses

LSemmens - 11-12-2016 at 23:46

Of course, John, IF it ain't broke, we can play with it until we break it, then, that gives us the excuse to "Fix it";)

Katzy - 12-12-2016 at 11:32

As Charles might've said...

waggyfinger

Quaver - 12-12-2016 at 11:40

Easier just to buy a whole new PC:D

LSemmens - 12-12-2016 at 23:44

Scholar will have your "Broken" ones, Quaver...........;)