Karl`s PC Help Forums

Changing ISP
charles - 18-10-2013 at 12:48

On Friday I am changing ISPs from Orange, I phoned them and asked if I could keep my Orange e-mail address, just for 6 months they said I could keep it forever.
Now will I still be able to receive e-mails ? because won't it have to go through their servers?
????????confused2confused2confused2confused2confused2

Quaver - 18-10-2013 at 15:26

You can receive emails fine, but you won't be able to send it via Orange smtp. You need new ISP's smtp details for that.
Or use their webmail:)

charles - 18-10-2013 at 17:34

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
You can receive emails fine, but you won't be able to send it via Orange smtp. You need new ISP's smtp details for that.
Or use their webmail:)

Thanks I just need to receive until all have y new address, thank you

LSemmens - 19-10-2013 at 12:48

One reason why I keep a hotmail acct, I've had it since Adam was a boy, and most of my friends and acquaintances know it.

marymary100 - 20-10-2013 at 10:04

I have Hotmail which I've had since year dot. I also have Outlook for work and a different Outlook for uni. Google offer a free GMail service and Yahoo does too so there's no need to be tied to the ISP. A word of warning though, no matter which e-mail account you use it is going to be available to GCHQ and NSA etc to make sure you're not being a naughty boy. waveysmiley

charles - 20-10-2013 at 13:02

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100[/ GCHQ and NSA etc to make sure you're not being a naughty boy. waveysmiley

Me Naughty ? NEVER.............waveysmiley