Karl`s PC Help Forums

Browser problems
delanti - 21-8-2013 at 16:24

I have been working on a friends laptop. He was infected with Findwide which is a browser hijacker. Nasty bugger. I believe I have gotten rid of it using Spyhunter which also cleaned up a bunch of other junk he had lurking around. It affected both Firefox and IE which seem to be running ok now except for one little problem.

If I try to download anything, it goes through the motions and shows it downloaded in the download box but it does not show up on the HD folder. Tried both FF & IE. Would download & try Opera but there is my dilemma. I reset both FF & IE, any suggestions?waveysmiley

waffler - 22-8-2013 at 00:57

Good to see u made it back :)

scholar - 22-8-2013 at 02:03

Bob, download the Opera installation program onto another computer and transfer it to a USB thumb drive, then install it onto the laptop from the thumb drive. ;)

delanti - 22-8-2013 at 13:08

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Good to see u made it back :)

Operating from Sons office PC. Still not sorted at home but not giving up.waveysmiley

LSemmens - 23-8-2013 at 00:09

see my response in the other thread, could be a DNS issue.

delanti - 23-8-2013 at 12:32

Thanks Leigh will try that when I get home.waveysmiley

charles - 26-9-2013 at 19:36

Quote:
Originally posted by delanti
I have been working on a friends laptop. He was infected with Findwide which is a browser hijacker. Nasty bugger. I believe I have gotten rid of it using Spyhunter which also cleaned up a bunch of other junk he had lurking around. It affected both Firefox and IE which seem to be running ok now except for one little problem.

If I try to download anything, it goes through the motions and shows it downloaded in the download box but it does not show up on the HD folder. Tried both FF & IE. Would download & try Opera but there is my dilemma. I reset both FF & IE, any suggestions?waveysmiley

Ask Katzy .....waveysmiley