Karl`s PC Help Forums

Useful little hack
LSemmens - 26-6-2013 at 01:27

I've just had to set up a heap of PCs for a few people among them a video server for yours truly. Once the initial teething issues were sorted (cannot convince eXPee to install from a USB device) I set up my video server. As I have been given an iPhone to replace my now defunct Galaxy Note (cry_mouse long story) I decided that I "needed" iTunes (not sure if it is really relevant, but seems to be when the trouble started) so I duly loaded that piece of bloatware. Then I could not work out how to use it! Yep, not very user friendly. Anyway, something broke.

Whenever I was in explorer and used the right click menu every time I scrolled over the "Send To" option that explorer window would freeze up solid. Task manager did not show anything untoward. Anyway I did a quick search on how to get rid of "send to" and it is surprisingly easy. Warning: registry hack coming: there is a tool to download here or you can manually do it which is also explained in the above link.

Does anyone ever use "Send To"? I never have!

delanti - 26-6-2013 at 15:39

I do, I have been sending you a whole bunch of usless stuff, haven't you been getting it?nananana

Katzy - 26-6-2013 at 20:48

Only ever to send a shortcut to the desktop, which I, then, moved elsewhere.

But, then, I never use Windows explorer, really. I just have Total Commander up, which knocks the spots off Explorer. On XP, I could even stop it from even working. Can't seem to do it with W7, though. :(

scholar - 27-6-2013 at 00:11

Total Commander? That is what I use! :D

I'd sort of imagined that you advanced PC people would have left me behind in the dust with my old stuff.:P

Redwolf5150 - 27-6-2013 at 03:28

No iTunes on MY computers.

waffler - 27-6-2013 at 08:55

No itunes or iphones here :)

Katzy - 27-6-2013 at 10:48

I won't have anything "i" on my machine. :P

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Total Commander? That is what I use! :D

I'd sort of imagined that you advanced PC people would have left me behind in the dust with my old stuff.:P

Mine's a portable version that's been customised to death! I have it backed-up in six different locations, in case it gets borked, too.

It's a billion times better than anything Microsoft has ever dreamt-up.

LSemmens - 27-6-2013 at 23:51

What does total commander do that Explorer doesn't. I only ever use explorer to shift files around.