Karl`s PC Help Forums

white screen
charles - 18-6-2013 at 18:02

Does anyone know how to get rid of white screen?
if I click on a desktop icon the whole screen go's white, no start button ,nothing so I have to press button on pc to shut down and try again.

LSemmens - 19-6-2013 at 00:03

Sounds like your video card or monitor might be acting flaky. First thing I'd try is determining if a program is causing it. Is it every icon or just one in particular? If all of them, I'd check to ensure all drivers, for video especially, are up to date. If not, perhaps a system rollback to a time prior to the problem occurring. Followed by a system repair. Failing that an OS reload followed by new video card, new monitor.

charles - 19-6-2013 at 09:13

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Sounds like your video card or monitor might be acting flaky. First thing I'd try is determining if a program is causing it. Is it every icon or just one in particular? If all of them, I'd check to ensure all drivers, for video especially, are up to date. If not, perhaps a system rollback to a time prior to the problem occurring. Followed by a system repair. Failing that an OS reload followed by new video card, new monitor.

Hi Leigh,
Seems to have righted itself after a lot of messing about,the pc is 12months old today, thanks for reply

LSemmens - 20-6-2013 at 01:37

You're most welcome, Charles, keep these points in mind for most fault finding. It's, loosely the procedure I follow.