Karl`s PC Help Forums

Editing Profile
charles - 21-12-2012 at 11:36

I cannot change my e-mail addy in my profile ,I have tried ten times but it still goes back to the old one.


waffler - 21-12-2012 at 12:20

Are you hitting the save button ???


waffler - 21-12-2012 at 12:21

Edit Profile button at bottom of screen:)


John_Little - 21-12-2012 at 13:10

Have you tried refreshing you browser? A pint of Marstons should do nicely.


dr john - 21-12-2012 at 13:36

With the world ending any minute now, I think you should be hugging your family just now, and if any of us are still around tomorrow (assuming the zombie plague doesn't get us first) we survivors can discuss this in more detail.

Off to the secure underground bunker now.


waffler - 21-12-2012 at 13:36

Quote:
A pint of Marstons


Now that is good beer cheers:


giron - 21-12-2012 at 15:59

Perhaps Man U supporters aren't permitted to edit their profile ?
Your best bet is to study the small print and if you're still having problems ring the call centre in Bangalore.

Mind you, you probably won't be able to understand a word they say.


waffler - 21-12-2012 at 16:29

Quote:


Mind you, you probably won't be able to understand a word they say.


He probly will as Manchester is full of our Asian cousins :D


charles - 21-12-2012 at 18:10

Yes hitting the edit button,anything else to help ???


charles - 21-12-2012 at 18:13

Just tried 3 more times, when I press (Edit Profile) it goes back to the old address


waffler - 22-12-2012 at 00:58

just tried it on mine and it worked ok

maybe you need to talk to DW :)


LSemmens - 22-12-2012 at 04:13

Click "edit profile" change whatever and click "edit profile" again easy peasy!


giron - 22-12-2012 at 12:01

He's already tried doing that thirteen times and it apparently didn't work, so it's not easy peasy for him, is it ?

At this festive time of the year you should show some sympathy for him, even if he is a Man U supporter.


charles - 22-12-2012 at 17:48

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Click "edit profile" change whatever and click "edit profile" again easy peasy!


Done that at least ten times,still won't work


charles - 22-12-2012 at 17:54

When I click "Edit Password" it comes up, "Passwords do not match " Although it does not ask for a password, the only password I use is to get on here,and that works otherwise I would not be able to post this.
All postings are going to my old addy.


marymary100 - 22-12-2012 at 19:57

Quote:
{quote]Edit Profile - Required:
Password: Enter new password if changing, otherwise leave blank.
Confirm Password:
E-Mail: ****@***.co.uk
Edit Profile - Optional:


It should look a bit like that.

You shouldn't be changing your password at the same time.

It may be that your difficulties stem from an earlier ban? If so contact DW or one of the other admins and they might be able to help.


LSemmens - 22-12-2012 at 23:49

Good point, Mary, HELP! DOT!, SIMON???????


charles - 25-12-2012 at 10:37

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
{quote]Edit Profile - Required:
Password: Enter new password if changing, otherwise leave blank.
Confirm Password:
E-Mail: ****@***.co.uk
Edit Profile - Optional:


It should look a bit like that.

You shouldn't be changing your password at the same time.

It may be that your difficulties stem from an earlier ban? If so contact DW or one of the other admins and they might be able to help.



I am not changing password. I leave that as it is , merry xmas
,