Karl`s PC Help Forums

Printing A3 Docs on A4 Paper
Big-Ray - 6-10-2011 at 14:33

Hi, I used to use PrintArtist to produce posters etc, and if I wanted to produce an A3 or even A2 poster on my A4 printer it would automatically tile the poster into 2 or 4 pieces so that they lined up perfectly to make the final product.

Due to compatability issues, I can no longer go down this route. I do have an A3 printer, but it is a pain to use for several reasons.

I am using an Epson Stylus Photo R220 or summat like that as my A4 printer.

Does anyone know a bit of software that would allow me to produce some simple posters, let me inport clipart / cartoons, and have this auto tiling feature? Free would be good, but am willing to splash out a little. ( generous sod that I am. :( )

thankingyou:

Redwolf5150 - 6-10-2011 at 14:37

I would recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements, hands down.

Not only will it let you do what you want, it can do stuff that will allow you to do even more.

:)

Redwolf5150 - 6-10-2011 at 14:53

Of course, if you're feeling really generous, you could spring for the entire Adobe Creative Suite.

Only about $700 US.

roffle

Big-Ray - 6-10-2011 at 15:14

Thanks Redwolf 5150

Following up on your suggestion,...........not The whole suite .waggyfinger

thankingyou

LSemmens - 7-10-2011 at 12:33

Good question, Ray, I've often considered doing just what you suggest, but have never followed through. (never a priority). Thanks for the info, RW.

Katzy - 7-10-2011 at 17:39

Any paint program'll do it, Ray. Even M$ Paint'll do it.

Or, perhaps, the freebie that is ImageForge http://www.freewarefiles.com/Image-Forge-V_program_309.html

I use that one a lot!