Karl`s PC Help Forums

ASUS A6000
abbs2002 - 30-3-2011 at 12:48

Hi guys

I have an ASUS A6000 which giving me some grief, it has a problem with chatting it self off at the start before the video loads, at first I though it was the RAM which Iíve swapped a few times so thatís not the case then I though it must be suffering from heat but the laptop does not get hot at all so Iíve refreshed the thermal past on the processor which was very dry that got it to work for few days but the same problem started again, if I leave it off for few ours it seem to turn on just fine but then it goes back to the same state after a while, any ideas please?

Topcat - 30-3-2011 at 13:16

please clarify.

Is that "Chatting" as in speech ?????, or is it meant to be "Shutting Down" as in not working ??????????

Topcat

Quote:
Originally posted by abbs2002

Hi guys

I have an ASUS A6000 which giving me some grief, it has a problem with chatting it self off at the start before the video loads,

abbs2002 - 30-3-2011 at 13:49

Sorry about that (Shutting Down) Not chatting :D

LSemmens - 1-4-2011 at 12:33

If refreshing the thermal paste has shown some improvement, it does indicate heat build up. try running the machine without a cover on it for a day or so. Try placing a fan so that it blows directly over the CPU. One of your case fans may have gone AWOL or the system may be clogged with dust. Make sure every heatsink and opening is clean and dust free.

abbs2002 - 1-4-2011 at 12:56

Thanks for the ideas I have gone further than that and dismantle the laptop is bits there was not much dust in it, Iíve attached the bare minimum to the motherboard RAM, CPU + FAN, EXTERNAL MONITOR still does the same thing, changed the CIMOS battery but that didnít make much difference, I guess the motherboard has some kind of a problem, the CPU isnít getting hot coz the past is still fresh not dried at all, but Iím still puzzled if I leave it off for few days it turns on fine and it gives me enough time to install windows on it which is at least 45 minutes but once it goes off it act as if itís suffering from heat turns on and shuts off after few secondsconfused2