Karl`s PC Help Forums

Lost automatic login to KF--an Opera question or a CCleaner question?
scholar - 5-7-2009 at 00:38

Formerly:
When I would open Opera, I would choose to continue with my previous windows (tabs, istes) open. I would always leave a KF window open; when Opera would open, I would have that window again, and would be logged inwithout making any effort.

I ran CCleaner.

When I next used Opera, it did not give me the option of returning to the windows used last time.

When I went to KF, I was a guest, and needed to log in.

Since then, even though I have been getting to choose in Opera to go to the windows open last time, the KF windows only open as if I were a guest.

How do I return to my former situation, with the KF windows opening with me logged in, without additional effort? Do I need to do something different in Opera?


Topcat - 5-7-2009 at 07:39

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Formerly:
When I would open Opera, I would choose to continue with my previous windows (tabs, istes) open. I would always leave a KF window open; when Opera would open, I would have that window again, and would be logged inwithout making any effort.

I ran CCleaner.

When I next used Opera, it did not give me the option of returning to the windows used last time.

When I went to KF, I was a guest, and needed to log in.

Since then, even though I have been getting to choose in Opera to go to the windows open last time, the KF windows only open as if I were a guest.

How do I return to my former situation, with the KF windows opening with me logged in, without additional effort? Do I need to do something different in Opera?



You could simply use the restore function and take the system back to a point in time before you used CCleaner.

Topcat.


Daz - 5-7-2009 at 10:58

Check Opera's settings... (Tools > Preferences > See Screenshots)

When you've done that, also make sure CCleaner is unticked in the Opera department...


Daz - 5-7-2009 at 10:59

Another one...


Daz - 5-7-2009 at 11:00

And the last one...

Though I prefer to keep this one checked, as I don't like auto login, I prefer using the Wand feature in Opera...


Daz - 5-7-2009 at 11:02

BTW, my screenies are for guidance only, because my setup isn't set up for auto login, so you;ll need to use your initiative and adjust things accordingly...


Katzy - 5-7-2009 at 12:11

*Kat thinks the cookies thing will be enough.


LSemmens - 5-7-2009 at 13:13

IIRC, you are correct, Katzy.


Katzy - 5-7-2009 at 21:31

:D


scholar - 5-7-2009 at 22:46

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
And the last one...

Though I prefer to keep this one checked, as I don't like auto login, I prefer using the Wand feature in Opera...
This question is a little bit of thread drift, but, so be it--I have been worried about checking this, in case I make an error with the password. Wouldn't such an error result in the wrong password being placed EVERY TIME? I also worry that, even if I do it right, the password might be reset in the future, and I would be stuck with the wrong one in the wand.

Sadly, I grew to depend on the wand for passwords for a few accounts. Then, when the web site was redone, so that the URL was no longer the same, the wand no longer supplied the password, and I had forgotten it (since I had not typed it for years).:(


giron - 5-7-2009 at 23:05

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I prefer using the Wand


[bad img]http://i25.tinypic.com/2n28mt.jpg[/bad img]


scholar - 5-7-2009 at 23:10

Very good, Giron!

That's the kind of adornment and humor I miss when you are not posting here.


Daz - 6-7-2009 at 00:17

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I prefer using the Wand


[bad img]http://i25.tinypic.com/2n28mt.jpg[/bad img]


How very apt for you... ;)


Daz - 6-7-2009 at 00:23

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
And the last one...

Though I prefer to keep this one checked, as I don't like auto login, I prefer using the Wand feature in Opera...
This question is a little bit of thread drift, but, so be it--I have been worried about checking this, in case I make an error with the password. Wouldn't such an error result in the wrong password being placed EVERY TIME? I also worry that, even if I do it right, the password might be reset in the future, and I would be stuck with the wrong one in the wand.

Sadly, I grew to depend on the wand for passwords for a few accounts. Then, when the web site was redone, so that the URL was no longer the same, the wand no longer supplied the password, and I had forgotten it (since I had not typed it for years).:(


If you enter the wrong pass, but then try again using the correct pass, Wand offers you a choice with the ones you have previously tried to use. You can simply delete the incorrect one from the list. (It's done /listed/ chronologically IIRC)

You can view your Wand passes with a little known app called Wand viewer or somesuch... I have a copy here on a HDD somewhere...

You can also view some settings in the "Manage Wand Passwords" in the "Delete Private Data" option.


LSemmens - 6-7-2009 at 14:09

As for forgetting old passwords, just keep them all locked up in a file on your 'puter, Not one called Passwords! Then, if you need to, you can refer to it. It has come very useful over the years, especially when I review the list and realise how many sites that have my "magic password"


victor - 7-7-2009 at 23:29

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I prefer using the Wand


[bad img]http://i25.tinypic.com/2n28mt.jpg[/bad img]


You must remember to say "Izzy Wizzy lets get busy!"

or it doesn't work.