Karl`s PC Help Forums

help please
foxylady - 29-12-2007 at 18:30

i just bought my girls a pc for christas but somehow they have anaged to turn the whole thing sideways so all the tool bar run down 1 side but dont now how they did it or how to put it right its emachine on windows vista thans for reading this xxxx

marymary100 - 29-12-2007 at 18:46

Try going in to start - control panel - display and selecting the way you want it to look.

Topcat - 29-12-2007 at 19:07

Quote:
Originally posted by foxylady
i just bought my girls a pc for christas but somehow they have anaged to turn the whole thing sideways so all the tool bar run down 1 side but dont now how they did it or how to put it right its emachine on windows vista thans for reading this xxxx

Try placing the mouse pointer on the bar, hold down the left mouse button and drag the bar to the bottom of the screen, release the mouse.

If that doesn't work Right click on the bar and check that the option to LOCK the bar is not ticked, if it is untick it.

Topcat.

Katzy - 29-12-2007 at 20:56

Make sure you tick it, again, once you have it where you want it...

:D

scholar - 29-12-2007 at 21:44

Or, put the monitor on its side. laughy_smilie

(I would not joke like that if you did not have a better answer, Foxy.:D)

foxylady - 30-12-2007 at 05:20

lol would u beleive it scholar i have the moniter on its side lol but im going to try all the comments now thankyou all will let you know xxx

scholar - 30-12-2007 at 05:36

Quote:
Originally posted by foxylady
lol would u beleive it scholar i have the moniter on its side lol but im going to try all the comments now thankyou all will let you know xxx
laughy_smilie laughy_smilie laughy_smilie
Doesn't it throw you off a little, when you move the mouse up and down (and the cursor goes left and right), and you move the cursor left and right (but the cursor moves up and down)?
You must take the ball out of the mouse and put it back in sideways.
roffle roffle roffle

foxylady - 30-12-2007 at 06:19

yipee thankyou it worked all back to normal onitor not on its side any more xx

LSemmens - 30-12-2007 at 11:29

I want my monitors on their side! I have 2 x 15.4" widescreen LCDs which are close enough to the same size as a sheet of A4 paper. If I turn both monitors on their sides I'll Have two A4 "pages" to work from!

(No instructions please, I know how to do it, just too lazy to sort out the mounts.)

Mick - 30-12-2007 at 13:42

My taskbar has shrunk to below the monitor base line, I have tried jumping up and down but it didnt work.

If i turn my monitor upside down do you think my taskbar will fall down again so i can see it ?

In reply to foxylady, have you tried to leave the taskbar as it is and lie on the desk from the side ? it will look almost correct then.

dr john - 30-12-2007 at 14:20

try hitting the windows key ( the one with the four squares that looks like a flag blowing in the wind, usually on the left near Ctrl and Alt)
Then when the taskbar appears, right click on it and adjust its properties, and perhaps drag it to be a little taller.

Quaver - 30-12-2007 at 14:20

Quote:
Originally posted by Mick
have tried jumping up and down but it didnt work.

If i turn my monitor upside down do you think my taskbar will fall down again so i can see it ?

roffle

dr john - 30-12-2007 at 14:21

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
I want my monitors on their side! I have 2 x 15.4" widescreen LCDs which are close enough to the same size as a sheet of A4 paper. If I turn both monitors on their sides I'll Have two A4 "pages" to work from!

(No instructions please, I know how to do it, just too lazy to sort out the mounts.)

Dell have a few monitors where the screen can rotate to do this easily.