Karl`s PC Help Forums

UnInstall
victor - 29-12-2007 at 14:33

Ashampoo is giving a free full version of Magical UnInstall.

I have a few programs on my PC that do not have uninstall capabilities if I use Magical UnInstall then load the progs that I can not uninstall over the top will this give me a chance of uninstalling them?

Wilbur - 29-12-2007 at 16:30

Not sure.
I think with some of these progs, you need to use it to install a bit of software so that when it is uninstal time, the uninstaller knows where all the files went.
Or maybe I should just get back to reading my Jeremy Clarkson book :D

Katzy - 29-12-2007 at 20:57

Wot Roy sed.

LSemmens - 30-12-2007 at 11:17

Ashampoo seem to be offering quite good little utilities. I've played with a couple but they've never lasted on my box. IIRC one of those was an earlier version of Uninstaller and, as Wilbur has said. The program must be working in the background to monitor the install. FWIR it works a bit like a restore point. Sorry, I can''t be more helpful, I have too much running in the background anyway without other useful little utilities which can be substituted with a format an re-load on a regular basis anyway.

KOUROSH - 3-1-2008 at 13:30

whenever i could not get the uninstaller for the prog i wanted to be uninstalled i use simple file shredder by just dragging the prog from explorer into file shredder.

simple file shredder is a freeware

http://www.download.com/Simple-File-Shredder/3000-2092_4-10509929.html