Karl`s PC Help Forums

Yahoo insterad of google????
KOUROSH - 18-12-2007 at 16:16

i do not how setting has changed before when i typed url usually google search was default now it has changed to yahoo??? i have no idea how this happened. how can i change it back to google on firefox browser. many thanks

Wilbur - 18-12-2007 at 17:56

Alongside the search box (lefthand side) there is a little menu arrow, click on that it it will show a list of search engines and the option to add others.

KOUROSH - 18-12-2007 at 18:33

wilbur many thanks i tried that and even removed the yahoo it did not work. the link below show how it can be removed but i can not follow the instruction

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/how-to-remove-search-engines-from-firefox-flock-specifically-yahoo/

you may be to tell me step by step many thanks

Wilbur - 19-12-2007 at 06:49

Had a look and like it says.........windows explorer/mozilla firefox.....open that folder and you will find a folder named 'searchplugins'......there you will find 'yahoo-en-GB'....so I guess you would delete that.
Hope it helps.smokin:

Daz - 19-12-2007 at 12:01

I would imagine the setting for this is in "about:config" but where I don't know, as I hardly use FF, and secondly, is it not advisable to be messing in there at random without knowing what you are doing.

Google about:config and see if you can get some advice that way first.

giron - 19-12-2007 at 23:20

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
it not advisable to be messing in there at random without knowing what you are doing.

Good advice, Daz, it's just a shame that others don't seem to be able to heed those words.

Daz - 20-12-2007 at 00:31

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
it not advisable to be messing in there at random without knowing what you are doing.

Good advice, Daz, it's just a shame that others don't seem to be able to heed those words.

doffs_cap

Thinking of anyone in particular mate?!! :D lips_sealed ;)

Wilbur - 20-12-2007 at 06:38

Or me ?? :D

KOUROSH - 21-12-2007 at 19:12

thanks to everyone i went to firefox forum left a thread someone came with a reply i tried it did not work and finally i realized that the meguploader tool bar that i had installed had changed the setting so i just disabled it is is ok now one lesson