Karl`s PC Help Forums

PC MightyMax
KandyAngel - 12-12-2007 at 20:52

I just downloaded PC Mightymax program, last night on my computer, because it showed lost reg, and shortcut paths when it scanned my computer. My problem is that when I run the program, it comes up with a run time error, everytime and will only get to about 11%, I tried to contact the company at the email address that they have listed, but when I enter admin@pcmightymax.net it says that I need to check the spelling, and it won't come up, and when I call the 800# all it will give me to contact them, is the email address, that won't work. Can someone please tell me, what should I do, to make this work, or how to contact them another way, or how to get my money back, if I can't get it to work, can you please help me with any of these ?'s I would greatly appreciate it, Thank you for your time, and hello to everyone, because this is my first time posting here, I look forward to hearing from you.

scholar - 12-12-2007 at 21:13

[Welcome to Karl's Forums, KandyAngel. I hope you are enjoying the Christmas theme here.

I'm putting my entire response in brackets because it is a welcome to you (but I don't have information to help you on the problem:(). I am hopeful our other members will be able to help you. We have some great techies. If you ask about a program before you get it, someone may very well be able to give you either a recommendation or a warning. Sometimes, they suggest something they like better that does the same thing.

While you're here, I hope you'll look around, and post wherever you care to. We have serious subjects, jokes, riddles, news items--lots of things you might care to read or post about. Many of us came here with a problem, liked the site, and stayed for the friends we made here. We are mostly a gentle, friendly, helpful group. You are the only one here with your knowledge, opionions, and experience. I hope you become a regular poster. ]waveysmiley

KandyAngel - 12-12-2007 at 21:30

Thank you so much for the welcome, I wouldn't have found this place, if i had not had the problem, so in a way I guess it's good, that I got it, so that I found KF, but I would still like to get rid of my problem, and in the future I will definetly ask before I do something I regret. Thank you for responding.

Daz - 12-12-2007 at 22:09

It seems this program has a bit of a reputation...

Solutions have been posted over at BullGuard, to which the following links will take you...

Solution 1

Solution 2

Try those, very detailed instructions and you should be ok... Let us know how you get on.

Welcome to KF btw. waveysmiley

scholar - 12-12-2007 at 22:44

KandyAngel, be sure to let us know how things turn out, and which of the methods you used. For others who read later, with the same problem, it's always a confidence-builder to hear that something worked for another member. :D

By the way, we have another Candy, who uses the sig DeWitch.

John Barnes - 13-12-2007 at 15:49

Go into control panel and then add/remove and find mighty max and delete from there
Then go to run on the desktop and search type in mighty max it will find all references to this programme and delete from there as well
Then go to start then run type 9n regedit then under local machine and software look for mighty max and delete from there any residue of this programme and then do same in local user /software look for any thing that says might max and delete
once finished go back to start and programmes then accessories and then command prompt and type in Chkdsk /f this will run a programme saying it cant check your disk until you restart then type in Y and restart, this will restart your computer and after the windows log a blue screen will appear giving you 10 seconds to either run a disk check or not let it run this will check all your files and folders and remedy anything amiss in your windows configuration. Best of luck jmb

KOUROSH - 13-12-2007 at 22:07

A- if they have difficulty understanding your English then you better write to admin in geybrish .

B- if you can not find a prog in add or remove you can always go to program file find the file then use simple file sheredder just drag the file into file sheredder and it will shered the file for you. the link below will get you file sheredder. good luck

http://www.download.com/Simple-File-Shredder/3000-2092_4-10509929.html

KOUROSH - 13-12-2007 at 22:11

or try this one

[Deleted by mod LS - copyright issue]

Daz - 14-12-2007 at 04:35

I posted the removal instructions in post three in this thread.... confused2 :huh)

Wilbur - 14-12-2007 at 12:10

I know.....half a dozen replies all saying virtually the same thing........:D

Daz - 15-12-2007 at 01:15

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur
I know.....half a dozen replies all saying virtually the same thing........:D

Bit bizarre eh? lips_sealed

hurney - 18-12-2007 at 09:13

First thing needed to be mentioned is that PCMightyMax is useless software and i could say even annoying... After the program has been downloaded it starts to scan the computer and shows report in the end, which cannot be trusted as it can contain non existent viruses, just to scare user and make him to pay for full PCMightyMax version.

Wilbur - 18-12-2007 at 13:17

Yep, beware of software you have to download and scan your computer, which finds problems, which only the paid for version can dispose of...............rip off smokin:

Find free software which does the job just as well where the author makes the programme to solve certain problems, and releases it because he/she is proud of it.

LSemmens - 18-12-2007 at 13:33

Thanks for your interesting contribution hurney, I hope you'll hang around and let us get to know you.