marymary100 - 23-5-2015 at 08:03

[bad img]http://i.imgur.com/aL8bDGX.jpg[/bad img]

John_Little - 23-5-2015 at 09:10

Reminds me of Salem's avatar.

Quaver - 23-5-2015 at 11:13

shocked_yellow

scholar - 23-5-2015 at 14:16

That might be a good method.

If it works, when the child grows up, he may well thank his parents for the result.

LSemmens - 24-5-2015 at 05:22

Not good parenting in my book, that is the sort of negative enforcement that might actually convince this child to hide everything from his parents and leave home before his time. Yes, a child who does wrong must be disciplined, but demeaning him in the process solves nothing.

Nimuae - 24-5-2015 at 05:40

I agree entirely, Leigh.

marymary100 - 24-5-2015 at 07:47

Me too. Looks like America to me.

scholar - 24-5-2015 at 19:35

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Not good parenting in my book, that is the sort of negative enforcement that might actually convince this child to hide everything from his parents and leave home before his time. Yes, a child who does wrong must be disciplined, but demeaning him in the process solves nothing.

Actually, if the child realizes that he has lied, and that being labeled a liar is an unwelcome consequence, he might determine he will not do it again. Usually, a child who lies is thinking only of escaping blame, or of taking a shortcut to a benefit that would otherwise either be out of reach or require other effort. He does not think about how he thinks of other people who lie to him, or how that others would think so of him.

marymary100 - 24-5-2015 at 20:05

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens

Actually, if the child realizes that he has lied, and that being labeled a liar is an unwelcome consequence, he might determine he will not do it again. Usually, a child who lies is thinking only of escaping blame, or of taking a shortcut to a benefit that would otherwise either be out of reach or require other effort. He does not think about how he thinks of other people who lie to him, or how that others would think so of him.

What were your parenting techniques and how did those work out?

LSemmens - 25-5-2015 at 02:03

Check you Bible, Scholar, I'll give you a hint... it's near the middle of the book....It says "Train up a child in the way he SHALL go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it!" or, towards the back of the book, the woman caught in adultery, (apart from the fact that the bloke wasn't there which seems odd). Jesus did not condemn her, or tell her to run around in sackcloth and ashes saying "look at me! I'm a filthy rotten sinner", or, have you got a different translation to the rest of us?