Karl`s PC Help Forums

Responsibilities
Nimuae - 28-7-2009 at 12:08

One of my neighbours, who has a small front garden, large back garden, and a substantial driveway, is currently allowing her two children (6 and 4 yr olds) to race up and down our street - screaming and shrieking. They are out of her sight and hearing, the road is really busy one and has two others running into it.

If they fell - she wouldn't know.
If they were (god forbid) abducted she wouldn't know.
If they were run over - she wouldn't know.

Who would she blame ?

marymary100 - 28-7-2009 at 12:11

Herself, forever.

LSemmens - 28-7-2009 at 12:57

I'm with mary, there, though I doubt it. It depends upon what her usual life is like. If this is an unusual circumstance, then mary's comment would hold true. If it is a common occurrence, I'd suspect that she'd find someone else to blame.

Nimuae - 28-7-2009 at 13:30

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
I'm with mary, there, though I doubt it. It depends upon what her usual life is like. If this is an unusual circumstance, then mary's comment would hold true. If it is a common occurrence, I'd suspect that she'd find someone else to blame.

Unfortunately - it is a common occurrence during school hols !
I know we can't, indeed shouldn't, wrap our children in cotton wool but IMO these two are too young to be playing in a busy street - especially when they have a large garden where they would be safe.

LSemmens - 28-7-2009 at 14:31

Which is why I made the final comment. We live in a small town, but our grandchildren are not allowed into the driveway, let alone out the front without supervision and the oldest is 6! (of course, at that age, I had to find my own way to and from school - mum had to work or we wouldn't eat)