Karl`s PC Help Forums

Can one get pregnant after 3 weeks?
Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 06:48

I'll be married for 3 weeks this Saturdayconfused2

My period was late, so I bought a pregnancy test (Clearblue), and tested yesterday afternoon. It came back positive, but very faint. I tried another one this morning and that came back exactly the same.

It's too early isn't it?
I heard it is easy to lose the pregnancy at this stage, so I'll keep it to myself then. I have told my mother and sister though (not hubby);)

Faolan - 25-6-2009 at 06:51

Congrats!

It's all a matter of timing... Your next step is to see your doctor to confirm pregnancy as it still can be a (rare) false positive.

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 06:55

Quote:
Originally posted by Faolan
Your next step is to see your doctor to confirm pregnancy as it still can be a (rare) false positive.

I'll give it another 2 weeks...

Snowy - 25-6-2009 at 07:29

Wow Quaver, that IS quick !!! You dont waste anytime do you..congratulations to you and your Husband and I hope everything goes well for you...I will keep my fingers crossed !
waveysmiley

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 07:34

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
Wow Quaver, that IS quick !!! You dont waste anytime do you..

Thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but am OK if it doesn't work this time.

I have really busy September/October coming up with my work, so it is going to be tough with travelling etc if I'm pregnant...

Snowy - 25-6-2009 at 07:40

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
Quote:
Wow Quaver, that IS quick !!! You dont waste anytime do you..

Thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but am OK if it doesn't work this time.

I have really busy September/October coming up with my work, so it is going to be tough with travelling etc if I'm pregnant...

Exciting times for you though !
I can feel myself getting excited for you, I just love to hear happy stories like this.
waveysmiley

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 07:42

Quote:
I can feel myself getting excited for you, I just love to hear happy stories like this.
waveysmiley

Just don't tell my hubby yet;)

Snowy - 25-6-2009 at 07:47

Quote:
Quote:
waveysmiley

A man and wife shoudn't have any secrets should they ?
If I see him, I might just have to tell him..:P:P:P:D

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 08:27

Quote:
Quote:

:owaggyfinger:P

scholar - 25-6-2009 at 10:50

I see Mr. X won't be joining Karlsforums right away.:D:P:P

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 10:54

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I see Mr. X won't be joining Karlsforums right away.:D:P:P

Shhh... That's my another secret toowaggyfinger
Woman must have some secretskewl_glasses

Daz - 25-6-2009 at 11:50

Naughty and dirty girl it seems...! ;)

Best of luck, hope all goes well.

FWIW, Mrs D found out she pregnant after 5 weeks, though not intentionally, a scan she was due to have, showed that she was pregnant.

Hope you and Mr Q have discussed the matter though, 'cos it'll be a bit of a shock I imagine! :D

DeWitch - 25-6-2009 at 11:54

WOW!!!

LSemmens - 25-6-2009 at 13:10

Tell him, I went with SWMBO to the doctor for the test with our first. It was unplanned, but still exciting. He would not want to miss out on this first special moment in your journey together. Even if the test shows negative, it will be a good catalyst for discussions on the topic without either party feeling pressured by the other. Even after 30 years we rarely go anywhere, or do anything, apart.

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 13:20

We both want a child, he wants it asap, I want to conceive sometime after Nov as I have stuff planned for work in March:o
Giving birth in March would be problematic for me...

He knows I have important work until end of March, and he's fine with it. But we didn't use any protection because I naively thought it is difficult to conceive, all of my friends got pregnant after a year or so, and they were younger. So it is unexpected for me.

He seem to sense something, as he keeps asking when my period is due (it passed a while ago, so I assumed it skipped), and how I look different, and how my temperature is high all the time. Mum and Dad thought I look different too, but I don't see it. Perhaps I lost some weightconfused2

scholar - 25-6-2009 at 13:25

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
it'll be a bit of a shock I imagine! :D
Don't Brits know what causes babies?

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 13:27

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz

Storksconfused2

victor - 25-6-2009 at 15:45

Under the gooseberry bush. ;)

Yet another reason to keep checking KF. :D

scholar - 25-6-2009 at 17:25

"Can one get pregnant after 3 weeks?" I can't.:P:P:P

Daz - 25-6-2009 at 18:51

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz

As we have the highest teenage pregnancy rates in europe, I think the answer is obvious... lips_sealed

Dreamweaver - 25-6-2009 at 20:03

Quote:
I'll be married for 3 weeks this Saturdayconfused2

My period was late, so I bought a pregnancy test (Clearblue), and tested yesterday afternoon. It came back positive, but very faint. I tried another one this morning and that came back exactly the same.

It's too early isn't it?
I heard it is easy to lose the pregnancy at this stage, so I'll keep it to myself then. I have told my mother and sister though (not hubby);)

The best time to do a pregnacy test is 1st thiing in the morning as your urine is less diluted.( you could also suprise hubby and make his day even brighter :)

I believe "first response" is quite reliable after 3 weeks.
Good Luck Q I hope all goes well.

Redwolf5150 - 25-6-2009 at 20:49

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
waveysmiley

Have you seen Quaver's CLAWS?

Best not if you haven't. She makes Wolverine look like he had a manicure!

kewl_glasses

Redwolf5150 - 25-6-2009 at 20:51

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz

Storksconfused2

No, the storks brings the babies.

You get them from drinking soda after 8 p.m.

roffle

giron - 25-6-2009 at 21:22

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150

You get them from drinking soda after 8 p.m.

roffle

I think you'll find that's flatulence. ;)

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 21:34

Quote:
Have you seen Quaver's CLAWS?

Best not if you haven't. She makes Wolverine look like he had a manicure!

kewl_glasses

:D:D:D
I was looking for my nail-clippers the other day but couldn't find them:P

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 21:55

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver
I believe "first response" is quite reliable after 3 weeks.
Good Luck Q I hope all goes well.

I'll get that next week, thanks:)

Daz - 25-6-2009 at 23:07

It'd be cheaper to just go and see a doctor/nurse, surely...! ;)

I remember the days of buying testing kits, they cost a bloody fortune, think of all the nappies you will to buy! :D

marymary100 - 25-6-2009 at 23:29

I loved being pregnant and remember the feeling very clearly - hope all goes well if you are. :)

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 23:32

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz

I'm not registered with the GP around here.
I could go back to my old GP, or just register new here.
Quote:
I remember the days of buying testing kits, they cost a bloody fortune, think of all the nappies you will to buy! :D

Nappies?scared_stiff

Quaver - 25-6-2009 at 23:32

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
I loved being pregnant and remember the feeling very clearly - hope all goes well if you are. :)

If. It is only IF;)

waffler - 26-6-2009 at 02:23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz

I'm not registered with the GP around here.
I could go back to my old GP, or just register new here.
Quote:

Nappies?scared_stiff

We used terry nappies when my kids were babies , lot of washing . :D

LSemmens - 26-6-2009 at 13:15

Regardless of whether you are, or aren't Q. This is a very exciting time for you, you've begun a journey that should last a lifetime. Enjoy every moment. From the observations of others that you've shared, I'd suspect that you are. Had we planned our kids around work, et al, we never would have had any. They just happened and we learnt to deal with it. We have four who are now producing kids of their own, and I can say that they are worth every sleepless night, and the stress of, "I didn't plan to have a baby now". Whatever.... as a child grows, if it was unplanned, don't be afraid to express your feelings of surprise when they enquire, but, always couch it in such a way as they feel loved and wanted.

Quaver - 26-6-2009 at 23:45

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Had we planned our kids around work, et al, we never would have had any. They just happened and we learnt to deal with it.

I suppose that's the way of life.

Anyway, I have decided not to test again until later next week - BUT, today, hubby brought back a brochure for health screenings from his work, and asked if I want to do it.
I said yes.
He then said have you ever had barium X-ray for stomach?
I said no, never had any screenings, but I'm all for it.

Would barium X-ray thingy harm the baby if I had oneconfused2

marymary100 - 26-6-2009 at 23:51

There's a small risk to the baby apparently but normally you should talk to the radiologist before any x-ray.

Quaver - 27-6-2009 at 00:00

Quote:
There's a small risk to the baby apparently but normally you should talk to the radiologist before any x-ray.

Thank you:) I suppose the risk is worth it.

scholar - 27-6-2009 at 01:24

Quote:
Quote:

If. It is only IF;)
So, the family will be Mr. X, Quaver, and baby If. greengrin greengrin greengrin

scholar - 27-6-2009 at 01:51

Quote:
I agree, underlining "talk to the radiologist."

I know that sonograms are the common medical practice for looking at babies in the womb. That seems to me to be a hint that it is good to avoid x-rays.

And, good for you, that you are already protective of little If.kewl_glasses

Quaver - 27-6-2009 at 08:23

Quote:

Little If is still there, I've done the check again this morning:o

Snowy - 27-6-2009 at 08:27

Quote:
Quote:

Little If is still there, I've done the check again this morning:o

Wonderful news Quaver...well done to you !
Will you be going out shopping for baby clothes this afternoon?..:D:D
Have you told Mr.X yet?.....I bet he will be delighted, I can just picture the look on his face when you tell him..shocked_yellow
waveysmiley

Springer - 27-6-2009 at 08:38

Oooo, how exciting Quaver. :D :D :D

I hope all goes well. Mr X will be over the moon!

Quaver - 27-6-2009 at 08:42

Mr.X is away on business, he's coming back on Tuesday:(

marymary100 - 27-6-2009 at 12:55

You do need to ask the radiographer for advice about the test as internet advice should never take the place of a professional in any sphere.

Quaver - 27-6-2009 at 13:40

Quote:
You do need to ask the radiographer for advice about the test as internet advice should never take the place of a professional in any sphere.

I don't want to do the screening, never done it, and it sounds scary:( Perhaps I could do it next year?

scholar - 27-6-2009 at 17:59

Quote:
internet advice should never take the place of a professional in any sphere.
As a point of logic--could this really be true?

What if the internet advice is right, and the professional advice is wrong?

What if you hear professional preacher Jeremiah Wright say you should believe that AIDS was invented by the US to kill black people, and you read on the internet that Rev. Wright's statement is false--will you follow the professional, or the internet?

I have observed there are many issues where both sides are represented on the internet, and both sides are represented in real life by professionals who hold to those opinions.

In Quaver's case, with regard to x-rays, I expect the radiologist will give good advice, and I expect it to agree with good advice on the internet. Since Quaver is disinclined to go, anyway, it won't make a difference. But if I got odd advice from a professional, and good advice from the internet--the standard for decision ought always be, "What is the best advice?" Not, "Whence did the advice come?"

marymary100 - 27-6-2009 at 19:19

I don't consider preaching a profession as the preachers could hardly be classified as "disinterested" in their counsel and service to others.

Dreamweaver - 27-6-2009 at 19:33

Quote:
Quote:
internet advice should never take the place of a professional in any sphere.
As a point of logic--could this really be true?

What if the internet advice is right, and the professional advice is wrong?

What if you hear professional preacher Jeremiah Wright say you should believe that AIDS was invented by the US to kill black people, and you read on the internet that Rev. Wright's statement is false--will you follow the professional, or the internet?

I have observed there are many issues where both sides are represented on the internet, and both sides are represented in real life by professionals who hold to those opinions.

But if I got odd advice from a professional, and good advice from the internet--the standard for decision ought always be, "What is the best advice?" Not, "Whence did the advice come?"

It's always easier to sue a living human being for miss-information rather than a web page, don't you think? I would never take internet advice as "gospel".

the bear - 27-6-2009 at 20:02

The proffesional radioligist will give the proper advice, if your pregnant the go to great lengths to shield the foetus with lead pads.

Regards the Bear

Quaver - 27-6-2009 at 22:53

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver
It's always easier to sue a living human being for miss-information rather than a web page, don't you think?

:D
I remember saying to a friend:

Me: 'I asked for an advice on an internet forum, and was told this xxx xxx'
Friend: 'what was their name?'
Me:'Secret Squirrel'
Friend:'You trust an advice from a squirrel?'
:P:P:P

Quaver - 28-6-2009 at 15:14

Mum and Dad kept bugging me to tell hubby, so I've emailed. Haven't heard back since. There's a time difference where he is now, so he may be asleep. Hope he checks his email tomorrow.

Perhaps I should have waited till he came back on Tuesday...:(

Was this the world's worst way of telling him what's happening?

Snowy - 28-6-2009 at 16:26

Quote:
Mum and Dad kept bugging me to tell hubby, so I've emailed. Haven't heard back since. There's a time difference where he is now, so he may be asleep. Hope he checks his email tomorrow.

Perhaps I should have waited till he came back on Tuesday...:(

Was this the world's worst way of telling him what's happening?

Quaver, what have you done?....Such good news should be shared face to face, not by e-mail !
You will not be able to see his reactions and it might just throw his mind off of his business trip.
The good news is he maybe that excited that he drops everything and comes straight home early.
Never mind, the deed is done and I hope he welcomes the news, he will be very excited and proud.
Good luck to the three of you and I hope you keep sharing your 9 month experience with us all on here. It will be something to look forward to.
waveysmileywaveysmileywaveysmiley

Quaver - 28-6-2009 at 21:28

Quote:
Quaver, what have you done?....Such good news should be shared face to face, not by e-mail !

I know I know...:(
I don't know his password for his email, so I can't delete it.

It was only 10 mins after his email, so I thought he might still be there.
I forgot the name of his hotel, and his mobile doesn't work in that country. Dad felt uncomfortable knowing about it before hubby.

It is still only a possibility, until a doctor confirms either way;)

waffler - 29-6-2009 at 03:08

OMG what have you done . Hope all turns out well . :)

Quaver - 29-6-2009 at 03:53

He hasn't checked his email yet. Fingers crossed he won't see it before I tell him face to face on Tuesday...

scholar - 29-6-2009 at 04:22

O Quaver, Mr. X will miss the chance to hug and kiss you immediately upon getting the good news.

On the other hand, he has a chance to pick up a celebratory gift before he next sees you. greengrin

Faolan - 29-6-2009 at 04:32

Parents, whilst they mean well, should leave things like this alone instead of 'pressuring' you. It's incidents like this that can lead to problems with marriages.

News of this calibre should always be told face to face, but I can appreciate your reasons.

Springer - 29-6-2009 at 07:56

If he sees the email or not, everything will be alright Quaver. :D

Quaver - 29-6-2009 at 09:22

He's seen it, he seems pretty surprised to say the least - but, what did he expect after what he's done:D

Anyway, Faolan you are right, I should've waited. I'm not a kid anymore, so I should've thought it through more.

Anyway, he seems happy enoughkewl_glasses

Have to go to the docs to get it checked out to see if it is indeed a baby or not;)

Daz - 29-6-2009 at 09:52

Quote:
Parents, whilst they mean well, should leave things like this alone instead of 'pressuring' you. It's incidents like this that can lead to problems with marriages.

News of this calibre should always be told face to face, but I can appreciate your reasons.

imwithstoopid

Good post and wise words. ;)

Glad it turned out well though Q.... Hope all goes well at the Docs for you.

Snowy - 29-6-2009 at 10:47

Quote:
He's seen it, he seems pretty surprised to say the least - but, what did he expect after what he's done:D

Anyway, Faolan you are right, I should've waited. I'm not a kid anymore, so I should've thought it through more.

Anyway, he seems happy enoughkewl_glasses

Have to go to the docs to get it checked out to see if it is indeed a baby or not;)

It might be two or even three Quaver...shocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellow
I am so glad telling Mr.X turned out OK.
I have visions of him smiling and whistling to himself all day long now.
:D:D:Pwaveysmiley

LSemmens - 29-6-2009 at 12:37

Wait for him to come home, then go to the quack together, that way he can, at least, feel included. The next few months are going to be a very special time for you both. Enjoy it!

Quaver - 29-6-2009 at 13:07

Quote:
I have visions of him smiling and whistling to himself all day long now.
:D:D:Pwaveysmiley

He was stunned and speechless:o

Hope he'll have a relaxing flight home, he arrives in the early morning, and is coming home to see me before going to work. He better have good night's sleep:D

Faolan - 29-6-2009 at 13:37

Had a strange conversation with a mum to be today. Apparently she's six months gone but only found out about it 2 weeks ago, after a routine examination. She's got no bump, no other obvious signs apart from feeling more lethargic than usual.

What makes it even stranger is that it must have happened on the wedding night, and it was her first time with any partner! shocked_yellow

When she was asked to come into the surgery to get her results she was fearing the worst but when she was told that she was pregnant she fainted with shock the poor lass.

If you're wondering why I was having a conversation about someone's pregnancy I was trying to persuade her sister to do a bump session with me! :)

Quaver - 30-6-2009 at 01:05

It must be something to do with the wedding. It perhaps makes women ovulate soon after the event.

That's why there are 'honeymoon babies';)

scholar - 30-6-2009 at 03:27

Quote:
Yes, if you are pregnant with puppies, or a gray alien, you will need to make different plans.:P:P:P :jester)

LSemmens - 30-6-2009 at 05:41

SWMBO never showed with our first Child. New neighbours were surprised to find that she was pregnant, three days later, he was born! I have photos of SWMBO standing at the top of the steps pushing her belly out as far as it would go, just to try and show some form of bump. Most unflattering!

Quaver - 30-6-2009 at 07:21

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, if you are pregnant with puppies, or a gray alien, you will need to make different plans.:P:P:P :jester)

:smash)

Quote:
SWMBO never showed with our first Child. New neighbours were surprised to find that she was pregnant, three days later, he was born! I have photos of SWMBO standing at the top of the steps pushing her belly out as far as it would go, just to try and show some form of bump. Most unflattering!

Lucky herkewl_glasses
I bought some expensive undies, but some bras are getting tight already... :(

LSemmens - 30-6-2009 at 11:05

It wasn't so with the subsequent offspring.

Quaver - 30-6-2009 at 13:06

Quote:

I've seen hubby, this morning, and he's very excited:o

I have to keep reminding him that I haven't been to the doctors yet, and a lot of people (30%) lose the baby this early in the pregnancy;)

Snowy - 30-6-2009 at 14:29

I bet he is excited Quaver, You must be both overjoyed, are you going to tell him that he has to do all the housework,laundry, cooking and cleaning for the next 9 months while you rest with your feet up?

:P:P:P:Dwaveysmiley

John_Little - 30-6-2009 at 16:58

Quote:
Quote:

I've seen hubby, this morning, and he's very excited:o

I have to keep reminding him that I haven't been to the doctors yet, and a lot of people (30%) lose the baby this early in the pregnancy;)

Sorryd, I've come in a bit late on this one but I've been away and been very busy.

congratulations Quaver and Mr Quaver but you are quite right about the early days. Mrs L lost her first one while we were on holiday in Glastonbury - not the festival though. Our first was born a year later.

Redwolf5150 - 30-6-2009 at 18:29

Quote:
If you're wondering why I was having a conversation about someone's pregnancy I was trying to persuade her sister to do a bump session with me! :)

Wouldn't you have to be preggers too to do that?

roffle

waffler - 30-6-2009 at 22:36

Quote:
Quote:

Wouldn't you have to be preggers too to do that?

roffle

It would help :)

Quaver - 30-6-2009 at 23:20

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
but you are quite right about the early days. Mrs L lost her first one while we were on holiday in Glastonbury - not the festival though. Our first was born a year later.

I know, mum lost a baby quite early on. She had another one later (me), but it took few years.

So we are keeping this quiet. Internet forum is my secret:D

LSemmens - 1-7-2009 at 13:42

Keep us posted, though, we feel like family. If it were politic, I would ask to see piccies of the bump as it grew, but it isn't, so I won't.

Faolan - 1-7-2009 at 14:10

Quote:
If it were politic, I would ask to see piccies of the bump as it grew, but it isn't, so I won't.

I would offer to take the images but like yourself not appropriate (or practical!).

Quaver - 1-7-2009 at 14:20

Quote:
Quote:
If it were politic, I would ask to see piccies of the bump as it grew, but it isn't, so I won't.

I would offer to take the images but like yourself not appropriate (or practical!).

rolls_eyes

the bear - 2-7-2009 at 23:13

Pregnant after 3 weeks, arnt you lucky, what a man!

Regards the Bear

Quaver - 3-7-2009 at 00:34

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear

shocked_yellow

waffler - 3-7-2009 at 03:28

What day do you go to the Doctors

Snowy - 3-7-2009 at 07:47

Quote:
Quote:

shocked_yellow

Quavers a Lady, not a Man, silly Bear !!
shocked_yellowshocked_yellow

the bear - 3-7-2009 at 08:17

I know Q is a lady, my reference was supposed to be a "wink wink" re her mans stamina lasting 3 weeks? Know what I mean???

Good news either way!!!!

Regards the Bear

Quaver - 3-7-2009 at 09:43

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
What day do you go to the Doctors

Dunnoconfused2confused2

Sometime next week? I read somewhere that the doctor won't tell you what you don't know already, and they won't even test you, but just take my word for it, and tell you to book an appointment with a midwife by 10 weeks.

scholar - 3-7-2009 at 11:00

Quote:
tell you to book an appointment with a midwife by 10 weeks.
Ten weeks? In the U.S., mothers commonly carry their babies for about nine months before they need a midwife.shocked_yellow

Quaver - 3-7-2009 at 11:20

Quote:
Quote:
tell you to book an appointment with a midwife by 10 weeks.
Ten weeks? In the U.S., mothers commonly carry their babies for about nine months before they need a midwife.shocked_yellow

Quaver - 3-7-2009 at 11:33

Just in case anyone's wondering how I'm feeling now, I'll tell you.

Hubby's overjoyed, mum's overjoyed, dad's overjoyed. Me? The novelty is wearing off a bit. I can't tell anyone, I don't know if I am indeed pregnant or not (done my 4th test though:D), don't know when I'm going to which doctor etc etc...

To make things worse, I think I'm getting some sort of morning sickness. It only strikes when I'm hungry and first thing in the morning. So I have ginger biscuits with me all the time (heard it is good for these things so bought few packs few days ago). It works within 1 - 2 minuteskewl_glasses

Snowy - 3-7-2009 at 11:47

Quote:
Just in case anyone's wondering how I'm feeling now, I'll tell you.

Of course we want to know how you are feeling Quaver, I look forward to your developments on a daily basis, its so exciting and thanks for sharing with us.
I am glad all is OK and everyone is happy. If you are getting the morning sickness its a good bet that Little If is in there alright. I have heard of Women that get cravings for such wierd things as pickled onions and heard of one that used to munch on a piece of coal...yes coal !!!
Let us know if you get such cravings......I bet you have been busy thinking up names, I must admit I dont like some of these modern silly ones that Celebrities use, I always think they would get a lot of teasing when they go to school.
Anyway, I will let you get back to the ginger biscuits.......I wonder if they will become your craving?..You take care..
waveysmileywaveysmiley

scholar - 3-7-2009 at 12:25

Quote:
I don't know if I am indeed pregnant or not (done my 4th test though:D).
If you are not willing to credit the pregnancy test results to tell you that you are indeed pregnant, then do not keep repeating the test. To do wo would be illogical.

LSemmens - 3-7-2009 at 12:38

SWMBO used get morning sickness all day! You are getting off very lightly Q. Fortunately her only cravings were with our second. The local fish and chip shop used to giver her bulk discount! Our eldest, who was just learning to talk, very quickly learnt to say "no more chippies mummy".

John_Little - 3-7-2009 at 12:40

By the way, Quaver, how are you feeling?

(crawl crawl)

Quaver - 3-7-2009 at 14:17

Quote:

(crawl crawl)

:mgun)

John_Little - 3-7-2009 at 14:51

Snowy - 4-7-2009 at 20:11

Quote:

(crawl crawl)

Very pregnant I hope John, what a beautiful and exciting experience.
waveysmiley

the bear - 4-7-2009 at 21:24

Morning sicknes can be a real problem, our daughter was just like you she started with it almost as soon as she had pregnancy confirmed.

If the baby arrives on time she will be here aweek today.

Nb, Highly recommended for the sickness is Arroweroot biscuits, better than ginger ones I'm told.

Regards the bear

marymary100 - 5-7-2009 at 00:37

I was lucky and never had morning, or any other, sickness but if it's any consolation they used to say that it indicated a well taken pregnancy. Hope you enjoy every minute of the experience.

Quaver - 5-7-2009 at 07:27

Quote:
Nb, Highly recommended for the sickness is Arroweroot biscuits, better than ginger ones I'm told.

Never heard of it, will have a look, thanks:)

Quaver - 5-7-2009 at 07:29

Quote:
I was lucky and never had morning, or any other, sickness

Oh lucky you!
Quote:
but if it's any consolation they used to say that it indicated a well taken pregnancy.

That is a consolation, thanks.:)
Quote:
Hope you enjoy every minute of the experience.

Not every minute mindwaggyfinger
Easy for you to say, you didn't have morning sickness;)

Snowy - 5-7-2009 at 08:15

Quaver, I always thought it was an Old Wives tale that arrowroot is good for settling the stomach but looking on Google it just maybe true.
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews116925.html

LSemmens - 5-7-2009 at 13:04

Congratulations, Snowy, you are rapidly becoming a MOSE (Master Of the Search Engine).

Quaver - 5-7-2009 at 13:21

Quote:
Congratulations, Snowy, you are rapidly becoming a MOSE (Master Of the Search Engine).

Prof Snowy M.O.S.E. teacher_mode

Snowy - 5-7-2009 at 14:29

Quote:

Thank you Leigh, I have mastered the art of copy and paste as well (I think)......I still dont know what you do with the cut option.
Sorry Quaver, this is your thread, Blame Leigh for hijacking it, this is one thread I would not like to see go off topic. It is like a serial or a soap where you cant wait for the next instalment.
I hope the arrowroot helps, I think they will be kinder on the teeth than gingers anyway, not so much sugar. Which reminds me, you have to look after your teeth during pregnancy, dont you have to have plenty of calcium?..I think you get free treatment at the dentists also?
Lots of things to think about during this exciting time.

Quaver - 5-7-2009 at 14:40

Quote:
Which reminds me, you have to look after your teeth during pregnancy, dont you have to have plenty of calcium?..I think you get free treatment at the dentists also?

Hubby told me the same thing too. I have excellent teeth though, no cavitiesbrshteeth (I assume it may change soon...:()

LSemmens - 5-7-2009 at 14:50

Quote:
, Blame Leigh for hijacking it,
Wasn't me, I didn't do it, Nobody saw me, you can't prove a thing! :D

I agree let's keep this one clean! I think we are all excited for Q. It's almost as exciting when my first Child was on the way, or even my first grandchild!

marymary100 - 5-7-2009 at 15:58

You need some sort of certificate from your doctor to prove you're pregnant to get the free dental treatment, even if you are obviously protruding.

waffler - 5-7-2009 at 19:54

Quote:

even if you are obviously protruding.

Bumps can be misleading .:)

the bear - 5-7-2009 at 21:41

Quote:
Quote:
, Blame Leigh for hijacking it,

I agree let's keep this one clean! I think we are all excited for Q. It's almost as exciting when my first Child was on the way, or even my first grandchild!

Its exciting at this end, granddaughter due, six days and counting, ( an no jumping up and down dosnt work).

Q the bump will get bigger then nobody will have to ask.

Regards the Bear

giron - 5-7-2009 at 22:17

Quote:

No doubt the DNA tests will confirm that, or will they? :o

scholar - 5-7-2009 at 22:57

Quote:
You need some sort of certificate from your doctor to prove you're pregnant to get the free dental treatment, even if you are obviously protruding.
In the States, we have another category of people who protrude. We call them fat.:cool:

marymary100 - 5-7-2009 at 22:58

An understatement in America, sometimes.

Quaver - 5-7-2009 at 23:10

Quote:
Quote:
In the States, we have another category of people who protrude. We call them fat.:cool:

Are you calling me fat?:mgun)

scholar - 5-7-2009 at 23:32

Quote:
Quote:

Are you calling me fat?:mgun)
No, we have ANOTHER category of people whom we call fat.

You, O Pregnant One, we call hormonally touchy! :D:D:D:P:P:

Quaver - 6-7-2009 at 13:33

Quote:

Just done my 5th test:D Thought I should check to see if it is still positive or not;) I have another one standing bykewl_glasses

I'm going to the doctors with my hubby on Wednesday morning, wish me luckwaveysmiley

John_Little - 6-7-2009 at 14:07

Quote:
You need some sort of certificate from your doctor to prove you're pregnant to get the free dental treatment,

I forgot about that. It was Mrs L's fault that I started going to the dentist again on a regular basis. She got free treatment and encouraged me to go too.

Never had so many fillings.

LSemmens - 6-7-2009 at 14:30

No luck needed! Mummy! nananana

Snowy - 6-7-2009 at 17:13

Quote:
Quote:

Just done my 5th test:D Thought I should check to see if it is still positive or not;) I have another one standing bykewl_glasses

I'm going to the doctors with my hubby on Wednesday morning, wish me luckwaveysmiley

I dont think luck will come into it Quaver, if you have done 5 tests and they have all shown positive it will more or less prove that Baby If is tucked away in there.
Good luck anyway, I would love to see your faces when the Doctor confirms it, I think Mr.X should take you out for a romantic meal to celebrate, you could order a meal for you and get a Childs portion for Baby If....
:Dwaveysmileywaveysmiley

the bear - 6-7-2009 at 23:37

Quote:
Quote:
Which reminds me, you have to look after your teeth during pregnancy, dont you have to have plenty of calcium?..I think you get free treatment at the dentists also?

Hubby told me the same thing too. I have excellent teeth though, no cavitiesbrshteeth (I assume it may change soon...:()

Not at all, you will become the picture of health during your confinement, you will enjoy real good health you will be radiant.

Just be sensible eat well and get plenty of sleep, its a very special time.

Regards the Bear

scholar - 7-7-2009 at 04:13

Quote:
Quote:

You seem to enjoy pounding on me, O Quaver.

I can remember when you rolls_eyes more often.

Snowy - 7-7-2009 at 08:02

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quavers stress levels and blood pressure need to be checked and monitored for the next 9 months Scholar.....you must be nice to her and not get her wound up.
:owaveysmiley

Quaver - 7-7-2009 at 08:17

:angel

scholar - 7-7-2009 at 13:19

Quaver knows I hold her in high regard, and I do not get her "wound up.":)

Did you know that she is one of the the foremost femaies here in computer technical knowledge? ;)

But, she has been pounding me with that hammer a lot, lately, and I have feelings, too. cry_mouse

O Quaver, have you looked up how big Little IF is at this point? Is he as large as a lima bean, or larger?

When will you get to have a look at him?

Quaver - 7-7-2009 at 13:32

Quote:
But, she has been pounding me with that hammer a lot, lately, and I have feelings, too. cry_mouse

kissykissy
Quote:
When will you get to have a look at him?

I don't knowconfused2 Less than 1cm I think.

Quaver - 8-7-2009 at 11:38

I'm back!

Done the scan (internal onelips_sealed), and we can see the baby sac in the right place, but no heartbeat yet, so need to come back in 2 weeks. He said it is at around 6 weeks.

Doctor said there's 10% chance of a miscarriage at this stage which is unavoidable. Hubby took it hard:(

Never mind. More waiting game then.

Snowy - 8-7-2009 at 12:48

Thats good news Quaver, at least you know you are pregnant and its confirmed, well done to the both of you !!
I dont know when the heart starts beating, do you?
You and Hubby shoudn't worry too much about miscarriages, stay positive, take it easy and I am sure you will be fine.
This time next year you wont be posting much because all your time will be took up with Baby If. Its good of you to share your lovely journey with us, I for one appreciate it.
Good luck, cant wait for the next bit of news.
waveysmileywaveysmiley

Swish Checkley - 8-7-2009 at 13:10

Congratulations Quaver and Mr X! Best of luck with it all.

marymary100 - 8-7-2009 at 13:11

I didn't think you would get a scan so soon. Must have made it seem more real somehow. :)

Quaver - 8-7-2009 at 13:45

Quote:
I didn't think you would get a scan so soon. Must have made it seem more real somehow. :)

Paid the private fee;)
Didn't realise hubby wanted kids that much:o Pity he didn't go in with meconfused2

Nimuae - 8-7-2009 at 14:30

Quote:

Aww

:love2):love2):love2) SCHOLAR :love2):love2):love2)

John_Little - 8-7-2009 at 14:42

Don't worry, Scholar, its only the hormones.

Quaver - 9-7-2009 at 07:12

Quote:
Don't worry, Scholar, its only the hormones.

:angel

Quaver - 9-7-2009 at 07:13

Quote:
Originally posted by Swish Checkley

Thanks, hope this one survives...

Snowy - 9-7-2009 at 07:53

Quote:
Quote:

Think positive Quaver.....Get any negative thoughts out of your mind right now!
kewl_glasseskewl_glasseswaveysmiley

Quaver - 9-7-2009 at 08:48

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Think positive Quaver.....Get any negative thoughts out of your mind right now!
kewl_glasseskewl_glasseswaveysmiley

:okewl_glasseswaveysmiley

LSemmens - 9-7-2009 at 13:53

You are likely to have more scans, so, don't forget to encourage Mr Q to come along to those. They are likely to give you a photo, too, if you ask.

Just remember, the doctor says that 10% miscarriage, that means that 90% don't! I'd like those odds when buying a lotto ticket.

Quaver - 21-7-2009 at 12:26

Went to the doctors today, heartbeat is there, and the baby is growing OK. Perhaps it's time to tell the in-laws... ?

John_Little - 21-7-2009 at 12:30

Its a month now. So I'd say its time. I'm surprised that Mr Q has resisted so long.

marymary100 - 21-7-2009 at 12:33

Don't people normally keep it quiet for 3 months, or is that a Scottish thing?

scholar - 21-7-2009 at 12:49

Perhaps Quaver will send the in-laws an e-mail with the news. :D:P:P:P

(Why do I have a feeling there is a fish_slap coming?)

Quaver - 21-7-2009 at 13:34

Quote:
Perhaps Quaver will send the in-laws an e-mail with the news. :D:P:P:P

(Why do I have a feeling there is a fish_slap coming?)

fish_slap
They don't have a PC;)

Quaver - 21-7-2009 at 13:35

Quote:

No, I'm keeping it quiet for 3 months, but since my parents/siblings knows already, I thought we should let the in-laws know tooconfused2 It's up to him ofcourse.

scholar - 21-7-2009 at 13:43

Quote:
Quote:

No, I'm keeping it quiet for 3 months, but since my parents/siblings knows already, I thought we should let the in-laws know tooconfused2 It's up to him ofcourse.
That seems to me to be a powerful argument for telling them. I could certainly understand if they felt as if they were being kept in the dark for weeks or months longer than your side of the family.

I think you are wise in leaving the final decision to Mr. X.

Snowy - 21-7-2009 at 15:30

Quote:
Went to the doctors today, heartbeat is there,

Sorry Quaver, that news brought a tear to my eye, that is certainly good news indeed and I am so pleased for you. It must be a lovely feeling knowing that a little life is growing inside of you and its little heart is beating...I bet you were overjoyed...well done to you..!!.....waveysmiley

ps, I loved your reply to Scholar over the e-mail to your in-laws, it made me laugh out loud.....and you were right, he did need slapping with a wet fish for his comments.....:D:D:P

scholar - 21-7-2009 at 16:03

Snowy, with your sense of humor, you are a delight. huggydo

Quaver, when you have a picture of Little If for us, do post it. ;

Snowy - 21-7-2009 at 20:42

Quote:

Quaver, when you have a picture of Little If for us, do post it. ;

No Scholar, you are going to get a wet fish around your ear again.......A photo or scan picture is something between Quaver, Mr.X and their Families surely...not to be splashed all over the world for all to see......I do believe you are being too nosey now, let the family Q enjoy their experience, it is good of Quaver to tell us as much as she has done already. Dont put pressure on Quaver please, if you do, you will get a wet fish from me and you woudn't like that I can tell you.
Take no notice Quaver, enjoy your experience...waveysmiley

Redwolf5150 - 21-7-2009 at 21:54

:clap):clap):clap):clap)

Quaver - 21-7-2009 at 23:21

The scan picture is fuzzy and dark, you can't make out anything anyway - especially after I put my Q sign to cover its face:D

scholar - 22-7-2009 at 00:40

doffs_cap
I think this is a British/American cultural difference. Many American mothers are jubilent about sharing baby pictures.:)

the bear - 22-7-2009 at 02:44

Q carring a new life inside you is a joyous thing, share it with everybody, nobody can turn round say they have been left if you make it common Knowledge.

Take care of yourself and enjoy every minute of your confinement.

Regards the Bear waveysmiley

scholar - 22-7-2009 at 04:14

Quote:

British mothers are put into CONFINEMENT while carrying their little ones?shocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellow

the bear - 22-7-2009 at 05:14

Quote:
Quote:

British mothers are put into CONFINEMENT while carrying their little ones?shocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellow

Confinement is a term used when a lady is pregnant, it really applies to the last few days when she starts to have contractions right through to the birth.

Regards the Bear

LSemmens - 22-7-2009 at 13:29

It might be a British thing, Scholar, we happily spread the ultrasound photos of our children around for all to see, and I was going to ask for a piccy, too. It certainly is an exciting time for the Quaver family, and, her extended family (friends), too.

Snowy - 22-7-2009 at 16:28

Quote:
and I was going to ask for a piccy, too.

Dont you dare Leigh or you will get a wet fish slapping too....I think the photo should be a private and personal thing for Quaver.....you woudn't post a photo or X-ray of something that is going on inside your body would you?
Leave Mother and Child alone.
:)

John_Little - 22-7-2009 at 17:30

But supposing Quaver wants to post pictures?

Snowy - 22-7-2009 at 18:06

Quote:

Well John, that would be Quavers choice woudn't it?..At the moment I feel that Quaver is being pressured into doing something that she may not be comfortable with. Her mind and hormones will be all over the place at the moment and I think we should respect the fact that she has shared her experience with us without members trying to force or persuade her to do something that she might not want to do.
Do you know what I mean John?...I am not very good at explaining my feelings. I think Quaver has handled the whole situation very well but I feel that we should let her tell/show us as much as she is comfortable with, let her go at her own pace if you like....Sorry if I appear rude but I put myself in Quavers place and I for one would not put a photo of my unborn baby on the internet, to me, it is private and personal......
:(

Daz - 22-7-2009 at 20:47

Quote:

I put ours up here, IIRC, from the five week scan. (Actually, thinking about it, it might have been in one of those "show your desktop" threads that seem to appear every so often, which Babs quickly caught upon!) :)

John_Little - 22-7-2009 at 21:18

Exactly. I'm sure you mean well, Snowy but so does everyone else here. And Quaver is not the type to be "pushed around".

She will do what she will do. Or not.

the bear - 22-7-2009 at 21:44

Quote:
Quote:

Well John, that would be Quavers choice woudn't it?..At the moment I feel that Quaver is being pressured into doing something that she may not be comfortable with. Her mind and hormones will be all over the place at the moment and I think we should respect the fact that she has shared her experience with us without members trying to force or persuade her to do something that she might not want to do.
Do you know what I mean John?...I am not very good at explaining my feelings. I think Quaver has handled the whole situation very well but I feel that we should let her tell/show us as much as she is comfortable with, let her go at her own pace if you like....Sorry if I appear rude but I put myself in Quavers place and I for one would not put a photo of my unborn baby on the internet, to me, it is private and personal......

Snowy with out wanting to offend I think its a matter of horses for courses, someone we know was carrying twins and actually paid several 100 to have a series of colour scan photos taken. She sent them to everybody and also put photos on face book.

Regards the Bear

waffler - 23-7-2009 at 01:49

Quote:
Quote:
and I was going to ask for a piccy, too.

Dont you dare Leigh or you will get a wet fish slapping too....I think the photo should be a private and personal thing for Quaver.....you woudn't post a photo or X-ray of something that is going on inside your body would you?
Leave Mother and Child alone.

Too many wet Kippers flying around here gonna gonna keep my head down :cool:

Snowy - 23-7-2009 at 06:44

I must apologise to everyone, I appear to have come across as very rude. I think I am getting a little stressed at the thought of going to London tomorrow, I am not sure now that I want to go, it is scaring me a little but I should not get stroppy with the folk on here.....my apologies again...really sorry for any offence caused.
:(:(

Quaver - 23-7-2009 at 07:10

Quote:
I must apologise to everyone, I appear to have come across as very rude. I think I am getting a little stressed at the thought of going to London tomorrow, I am not sure now that I want to go, it is scaring me a little but I should not get stroppy with the folk on here.....my apologies again...really sorry for any offence caused.
:(:(

No offence at all:D
Have a great time in Londonwaveysmiley
Take lots of pics;)

John_Little - 23-7-2009 at 08:06

No offence taken at all, Snowy.

I'm just surprised, that's all. You never came across as being the "bullying" type to me before.

Snowy - 23-7-2009 at 08:28

Quote:
No offence taken at all, Snowy.

I'm just surprised, that's all. You never came across as being the "bullying" type to me before.

I am not a bully John, I have never been that way inclined...I think I can be a little overprotective of certain things and I was trying to protect Quaver now that she is with child....sorry, my actions must have seemed very silly indeed.
:(:(:(

John_Little - 23-7-2009 at 08:59

I was only joking, Snowy.

We are off to Norfolk this morning. You terrified us so much we thought we'd better get out of London before you came. :-)

How long you down for, Snowy?

marymary100 - 23-7-2009 at 10:06

Yes remember lots of pics... ;)

Daz - 23-7-2009 at 10:55

And lots more pics on top...

LSemmens - 25-7-2009 at 03:21

Hope you have a good holiday, Snowy, just remember, we are all here for you, so, "y'all come back now, y'hear!".

Posting scans is very much a personal decision, I've nothing to hide, ('cept for bear's bus wheels - which I din't take BTW) so you can see me hanging upside down butt naked for all I care. Others, yourself included, Snowy, feel more private about some things, that, too is fine. If we were all the same, what a boring world this would be! I'm glad to see you standing up for Quaver, and would hope that, when it really matters you'd be there for the rest of us, too, which I'm sure you will!

Thanks Quaver, this has become a real "Family" thread. We are now all bickering and arguing like real brothers and sisters, but we still love one another! waveysmileywaveysmileywaveysmiley

waffler - 25-7-2009 at 03:45

Quote:
"y'all come back now, y'hear!".

And there was me thinking yalls was an Aussie

Now I my Doubts :)

scholar - 25-7-2009 at 04:34

Quote:
see me hanging upside down butt naked
shocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellow

LSemmens - 25-7-2009 at 05:01

Ah, Waffler, but who said it?

Snowy - 3-8-2009 at 08:36

Hi Quaver, I hope you and baby are both OK........I am surprised the topic had dropped off the bottom while I have been away, it worried me that something had gone wrong in my absence.
Do you feel like giving us an update?..if you dont, I fully understand.
I hope you dont mind me bringing this to the top again but I have been thinking of you and your Family.....Take care for now......waveysmiley

John_Little - 3-8-2009 at 09:56

You got any pictures, Snowy?

Quaver - 3-8-2009 at 12:13

I think the baby is still OK.
I have an awful morning sickness all day long though:(

LSemmens - 3-8-2009 at 13:09

Swmbo had morning sickness from day one until the bundle dropped. Noone ever told it that morning sickness is supposed to only happen in the morning! I hope it doesn't cause too much discomfort!

Quaver - 3-8-2009 at 13:46

Quote:
Swmbo had morning sickness from day one until the bundle dropped.

That's a very long time... lips_sealed

scholar - 3-8-2009 at 14:01

But, when little If is smiling up at you, it will be all worthwhile.:)

Quaver - 3-8-2009 at 14:08

Quote:
But, when little If is smiling up at you, it will be all worthwhile.:)

That's what they all say... rolls_eyes

LSemmens - 3-8-2009 at 14:50

Even SWMBO went back for seconds, and thirds.... and fourths! So scholar is correct!

Snowy - 3-8-2009 at 17:41

Thanks Quaver, I am glad that you are alright. Sorry to hear about the sickness, that must be awful for you, can your GP give you anything for it......Did you try the Arrowroot biscuits?
Anyway, you, Baby and Mr.X are all Ok and thats all thats matters....Well done and thanks for sharing with us..waveysmiley

the bear - 3-8-2009 at 18:00

Quote:
I think the baby is still OK.
I have an awful morning sickness all day long though:(

Morning sickness??? Arrowroot biscuits. ;)

Quaver - 5-8-2009 at 06:50

Arowroot/Ginger biscuits did work at the beginning, but nowadays I can throw up at will, just thinking about is usually enough;) Strange that, since I couldn't do that before I got pregnant.

Snowy - 5-8-2009 at 07:00

Quote:
, just thinking about is usually enough;)

Do you think that could be the problem Quaver...Thinking about it I mean??.......Do you think it could be all in the mind?
We all know that pregnancy and morning sickness go together so is your mind thinking "Hang on a minute, you are pregnant so you need to be sick in the morning"
Perhaps the excitement and the worry of it all doesn't help, it maybe worth having a word with your GP about it or doing a Google to see if anyone on there can help.
I am so glad though that you and the baby are ok, it wont be long before he / she is kicking away at your stomach....I hope he isn't a footballer..:D
Well done to you, keep up the good work and look after yourself.....and baby of course. I think you are going to be one happy family..waveysmileywaveysmiley

Quaver - 5-8-2009 at 07:10

Quote:
Quote:
, just thinking about is usually enough;)

Do you think that could be the problem Quaver...Thinking about it I mean??.......Do you think it could be all in the mind?

I think so. Quite a bit might be psychological in my case.

My mum stayed over for few days while hubby was away, and I only threw-up once. As soon as she went, it's back to 5,6 times a day. (She did the cooking)

Snowy - 5-8-2009 at 07:27

Perhaps you need something to take your mind off it, I dont know what though!
Perhaps something like hypnotherapy, acupuncture or just something like a relaxation CD. It must be worrying for you because you really need to be keeping your food down to get the vitamins and minerals to feed Baby. Perhaps if you have a herbal shop near to you it maybe worth asking them if there is a natural remedy for it, I woudn't trust any manufactured drugs or tablets because I believe pregnancy and childbirth should be as natural as possible.
I do feel for you though.....:(

John_Little - 5-8-2009 at 07:45

If you think about it, it does make sense. Having this baby growing very near your stomach. Its bound to feel a bit odd for a while.

Quaver - 5-8-2009 at 07:46

Quote:
Perhaps you need something to take your mind off it,

KFkewl_glasses
Quote:
I do feel for you though.....:(

Thanks Snowywaveysmiley

Quaver - 5-8-2009 at 07:48

Quote:
If you think about it, it does make sense. Having this baby growing very near your stomach. Its bound to feel a bit odd for a while.

Are you telling me that my stomach thinks the baby is inside the stomach, and is trying to throw up the baby?waggyfinger

Snowy - 5-8-2009 at 08:16

Quote:
Quote:

Are you telling me that my stomach thinks the baby is inside the stomach, and is trying to throw up the baby?waggyfinger

Trust a Man to think of something like that.......Stick to DIY and car maintenance John....Leave Womens stuff to Women......:Dwaveysmiley

scholar - 5-8-2009 at 11:50

Quote:
Stick to DIY and car maintenance John....Leave Womens stuff to Women......:Dwaveysmiley
So, John, if you were planning to become pregnant, DON't DO IT.waggyfinger

John_Little - 5-8-2009 at 11:59

Well, I think you are all being a bit unfair. There are lots of theories here:-

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/morningsicknesswhy/

But basically they say no one knows why you get it. so my theory is as good as the next mechanics.;)

Quaver - 5-8-2009 at 13:18

Quote:
so my theory is as good as the next mechanics.;)

Snowy - 5-8-2009 at 13:37

Quote:
Quote:
so my theory is as good as the next mechanics.;)

Whatever you do John, dont go to work on Quavers tummy with your spanners and screwdrivers will you ??
:P:P:P:D:Dwaveysmiley

Snowy - 5-8-2009 at 13:58

I have just noticed that this topic has had 1647 views and 188 replies.........I think that goes to show just how high the warmth and feelings towards Quaver, her Husband and their little Baby is.
For me personally, it is though I am joining in the wonderful experience alongside Quaver and I really must thank her for sharing it with us, you are a well respected and much loved member on here Quaver and I for one cant wait for the safe arrival of your new baby.
The downside is once it safely delivered, you wont have the time to spend on the Forums as he/she will demand most of your time.
Many thanks again, you are wonderful......waveysmiley

LSemmens - 5-8-2009 at 14:03

Maybe you should review your mother's visit and see if you can identify what was different, to alleviate some of your symptoms.

Quote:
It must be worrying for you because you really need to be keeping your food down to get the vitamins and minerals to feed Baby.
I wouldn't worry too much, here, the baby will derive all the nutrients from the mother before the mother gets her share. The body is wonderful, that way. So, if mum is otherwise healthy, bubs will be too.

Quaver - 5-8-2009 at 14:26

Quote:
Many thanks again, you are wonderful......waveysmiley

Thanks everyone for replyingwaveysmiley
Quote:
Maybe you should review your mother's visit and see if you can identify what was different, to alleviate some of your symptoms.

Hmmm....

Quaver - 9-8-2009 at 07:03

Huggies are sending out free samples of babies swimming nappies.
http://www.huggiesclub.co.uk/littleswimmers/free_sample.aspx

Nearly filled in the form, but realised I don't have a baby yet:Dredface

I've been reading this too:

Quote:

Marriage without children the key to bliss.
Married life is the key to happiness but having children can ruin it all, a psychologist claims.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1941195/Marriage-without-children-the-key-to-bliss.html

marymary100 - 9-8-2009 at 08:52

Children are great - but I couldn't eat a whole one.

Daz - 9-8-2009 at 09:03

Quote:

Oh dear... [Insert very Groaning smiley thing]

:D;)

@Q - As for the freebies, get everything you can, when you can.

Quaver - 9-8-2009 at 09:06

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
@Q - As for the freebies, get everything you can, when you can.

:P
Now, which size to get...

Quaver - 9-8-2009 at 09:07

Quote:

(Are you sure your daughter's not reading this forum?)

Snowy - 9-8-2009 at 09:28

I woudn't take any notice of the report Quaver, its up to the couples involved. My own view is that if a couple decide that will never want any children at all in their lives that is fine, it is their choice but why get married in the first place?
I also think that a married couple who want children should think about it carefully beforehand and realise that their lives will change, they may not be able to do all the things that they had done previously because of time and money. But if a child is loved and wanted then I can see no better reward in life. The important thing is to remember that you will be a family and all the members in that Family will want to be loved and cherished and that includes Mum and Dad..
The family Q will be just fine...I know..!!...........waveysmiley

scholar - 9-8-2009 at 10:54

On the "children ruin it" topic--Were you and Mr. X to make little If the exclusive center of your lives, you would grieve for the time when each of you were dedicated to the other and had more time.

Some psychologists suggest that Dad and Mom schedule dates, times when they go out together to enjoy each other's company. Baby If stays at home in the care of someone you trust (if you do not have a handy relative, that may mean you pay an experienced parent for a few hours, unless you trade with them by watching their child while they do the same on another night). You agree that If will not be in the conversation for those few hours--you will focus on adult topics--your love for each other, your accomplishments, common interests other than If, books or jokes or music you have heard. You spend time interacting; watching a movie together is not enough, by itself, but dinner-and-a-movie would be OK, or dancing with talk in between. The date could be a daytime activity, if you like to view the flower gardens, or visit the zoo, or look at all the new hardware and programs at the computer fair, or enjoy seeing all the people in costume at the Comic Book Convention.greengrin [reference to humor in Archie topic thread :D]

the bear - 9-8-2009 at 11:26

Quote:
Quote:

(Are you sure your daughter's not reading this forum?)

Q they say that insanity is inherent, you get it from your children. waveysmiley

Regards the Bear

Quaver - 9-8-2009 at 13:24

Quote:
Some psychologists suggest that Dad and Mom schedule dates, times when they go out together to enjoy each other's company.

Good idea:cool: I can leave the baby with my parents - they love children:D

Quaver - 9-8-2009 at 13:25

Quote:
Q they say that insanity is inherent, you get it from your children. waveysmiley

Regards the Bear

shocked_yellow

Quaver - 9-8-2009 at 13:27

Quote:
The family Q will be just fine...I know..!!...........waveysmiley

Thankswaveysmiley (Let's see what I'll be posting this time next year:D)

LSemmens - 9-8-2009 at 13:44

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! I suspect! waveysmiley

Quaver - 11-8-2009 at 11:03

IF is no more, I have miscarried.

Gutted...:(
Will have an op on Sat.

On the bright side, the morning sickness is gone too:D

Redwolf5150 - 11-8-2009 at 11:41

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry.

There are times that words fail to convey the true nature of my feelings, no matter how strong my command of them.

This is one of them.

marymary100 - 11-8-2009 at 12:33

Sorry to hear that. Take care young Q. :(

John_Little - 11-8-2009 at 12:45

That's sad. Mrs L miscarried with the first one. They had to give her an injection in the end. It seems her body was rejecting my dna or something.

Quaver - 11-8-2009 at 12:55

Thanks Red and Mary:(

Quote:
It seems her body was rejecting my dna or something.

One way to think of it:D
Hubby thought it may be because he didn't phone so oftenrolls_eyes

scholar - 11-8-2009 at 14:41

I'm so sorry, Quaver. I wish you every consolation.

Snowy - 11-8-2009 at 18:31

I am heartbroken Quaver, I really wanted you to carry your baby safely......I just know that you both would be great parents, life is so unfair at times.
I am so sorry for you and your Husband, take care wont you.
Love Snowy..x

Quaver - 11-8-2009 at 22:17

Thanks Scholar:)

Quote:
I just know that you both would be great parents, life is so unfair at times.

You never know, we'll try for another probably from later this year:)

sceptre - 11-8-2009 at 22:45

I'm so sorry Quaver on reading the post ,
no consolation but as JL mentioned it is fairly common , also happened to us but now have two strapping young adults,
so to the future .

best wishes

Quaver - 11-8-2009 at 22:48

Quote:
Originally posted by sceptre
I'm so sorry Quaver on reading the post ,
no consolation but as JL mentioned it is fairly common , also happened to us but now have two strapping young adults,
so to the future .

best wishes

To the future cheers:

Daz - 11-8-2009 at 23:10

Quote:
To the future cheers:

Quite right.

I'm sorry to hear this though. I wish you both well.

At least you can have fun practising again when the time is right. ;) When Mrs D's bump was large, I was never quite happy with the act, it felt kind of wrong...! (Not that I ever refused of course, I'm polite like that!) :D ;)

Ah.... Them were the days.... ;)

*Reaches for TV remote*

LSemmens - 12-8-2009 at 11:37

Oh, Q, words can't express how you and Mr Q must feel, I, too am saddened by this news. I was looking forward to some happy news. I will keep you two in my prayers and hope that you can eventually know the pitter patter of tiny feet, when the time is right.

Quaver - 12-8-2009 at 14:09

Thanks Daz and Leigh.

I might have to wait until April next year, as I have work commitments:(

Could try again in Dec/Jan, but if by miracle it works, I'll have that morning sickness thingy during my busy months Feb/March which is just too much.

I'd like try again as soon as possible, but I can't mess up my work again so soon...

Swish Checkley - 12-8-2009 at 18:40

I'm really sorry about your loss Quaver huggydo

LSemmens - 13-8-2009 at 10:30

Hang in there, when the time is right, you'll be glowing!

Quaver - 13-8-2009 at 14:47

Thank you Swishwaveysmiley
Thank you Leigh, will report back if something comes up;)

John Barnes - 13-8-2009 at 17:46

Just my observation one can pregnant after one session, jmb

Quaver - 14-8-2009 at 09:41

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes

My mum was like that, until she had a miscarriage. She couldn't conceive for years (but she did in the end - me;))

Snowy - 14-8-2009 at 09:47

Quote:
Quote:

My mum was like that, until she had a miscarriage. She couldn't conceive for years (but she did in the end - me;))

I dont think that will happen in your case Quaver, some Women can get pregnant at the drop of a hat and I am sure you will be one of these, and Mr.X seems to be very fertile if you dont mind me saying and that always helps.

Personally, I cant wait for you to be with child again, it brightens my day but that is selfish of me. Just keep on enjoying your life with Mr.X.
waveysmiley

John_Little - 14-8-2009 at 09:55

Quote:
Mr.X seems to be very fertile if you dont mind me saying

shocked_yellow

scholar - 14-8-2009 at 09:56

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I dont think that will happen in your case Quaver, some Women can get pregnant at the drop of a hat and I am sure you will be one of these, and Mr.X seems to be very fertile if you dont mind me saying and that always helps.

Personally, I cant wait for you to be with child again, it brightens my day but that is selfish of me. Just keep on enjoying your life with Mr.X.
waveysmiley
In view of Snowy's confidence and strong positive outlook, I suggest that the next little one will be known here at KF as baby When.:)

Quaver - 14-8-2009 at 11:37

When is When coming?:D

Snowy - 14-8-2009 at 11:40

Quote:
When is When coming?:D

Who knows When??......:D....When will When happen...:D

Quaver - 7-3-2010 at 14:57

Today was the due date for the baby I lost in August 2009.
Happy Birthday Baby Q, hope to see you one day:)

John_Little - 7-3-2010 at 15:37

Oh, Quaver..........

Give hubby a ring. Talk about it.

John_Little - 7-3-2010 at 15:38

You could talk about it here, of course.

Quaver - 7-3-2010 at 16:59

Quote:
Oh, Quaver..........

Give hubby a ring. Talk about it.

Ha, ha, hubby's no good with datesrolls_eyes
He's forgotten all about it ofcoursewaggyfinger

John_Little - 7-3-2010 at 17:19

But he's a bloke. Give him a chance. Tell him. We need to be told. We are basically stupid.

Quaver - 7-3-2010 at 17:28

Quote:
But he's a bloke. Give him a chance. Tell him. We need to be told. We are basically stupid.

Nah, I won't bring it up, don't want him getting sad or anything while I'm away;)

John_Little - 7-3-2010 at 17:46

How are you dealing with it?

Quaver - 7-3-2010 at 17:52

Quote:
How are you dealing with it?

OK I guess. Everyone seems to have forgotten it so I'll just commemorate it online:)

John_Little - 7-3-2010 at 17:55

Ok. Happy birthday, baby Q.

Quaver - 7-3-2010 at 17:55

Quote:
Ok. Happy birthday, baby Q.

Thank you Johnwaveysmiley

scholar - 7-3-2010 at 21:41

I'm glad you shared this with us, Quaver.

Baby Q's life here was short, but deserves remembrance.

My opinion is like JL's, I would let hubby know. I am poor at remembering dates. I would not want my wife to go through such remembrances without me, though.

Nimuae - 7-3-2010 at 22:21

Quote:

Happy Birthday Baby Q - be good and don't tease the angels !

Quaver - 8-3-2010 at 00:28

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
Quote:

Happy Birthday Baby Q - be good and don't tease the angels !

Perhaps it should be happy unbirthday (Alice in wonderland style), since the baby was never born?
Oh who cares:D

Quaver - 8-3-2010 at 00:30

Quote:
I'm glad you shared this with us, Quaver.

Baby Q's life here was short, but deserves remembrance.

My opinion is like JL's, I would let hubby know. I am poor at remembering dates. I would not want my wife to go through such remembrances without me, though.

I think he'd want to put it behind him, and so I'll just leave it.
Baby Q's life seems to have only existed in KFwaveysmiley

LSemmens - 8-3-2010 at 01:24

It is understandable that you miss what might have been a joyous occasion, now may well be the time to move on. Dwelling upon what might have been is going to cause you lots of grief. I am saddened that you cannot celebrate the birth of Baby Q, so please don't think that I am being callous.

Quaver - 8-3-2010 at 11:10

Quote:
It is understandable that you miss what might have been a joyous occasion, now may well be the time to move on.

I think so too. At least I didn't mention anything to anyone in real life, that's a startkewl_glasses

John_Little - 8-3-2010 at 12:35

Here, I'm real life! Honest!

LSemmens - 8-3-2010 at 12:55

I'm only a pigment of your imagination!

Quaver - 8-3-2010 at 13:58

That's what you would say...:D:D:D