Karl`s PC Help Forums

Are you a cool parent?
janet - 19-3-2008 at 21:21

What makes a cool parent? Do you want to be one? Are you one?

marymary100 - 19-3-2008 at 22:03

I've been told I am one.........but flattery gets you everything!

Quaver - 19-3-2008 at 22:31

My parents are reasonably coolkewl_glasses Cooler than most I'd say. By that, I mean they trust me, and let me do almost anything:D

I'd like to be a cool parent too, but to do it, I need kids...:(

TooCute4Words - 19-3-2008 at 22:39

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
What makes a cool parent? Do you want to be one? Are you one?

A mum or a dad locked in a fridge roffle

I might be one some day, I imagine it will be stressful and full of hassle, but much might be good

I'm not one at the moment. I stay out of the fridge, thats where the Cider and the Milk lives :P

TooCute4Words - 19-3-2008 at 22:40

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
My parents are reasonably coolkewl_glasses Cooler than most I'd say. By that, I mean they trust me, and let me do almost anything:D

I'd like to be a cool parent too, but to do it, I need kids...:(

You can't be cooler than the Fonz or even Danny Zuko from Grease. And then there is Jim Carey ;)

TooCute4Words - 19-3-2008 at 22:42

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
I've been told I am one.........but flattery gets you everything!

People generally say what you want to hear, when everything is going their way or they want something.

*Runs to ulterior motives thread * skidaddle

LSemmens - 19-3-2008 at 22:47

You;d have to ask our kidz! They are always quite happy to include us in all of their lives. I could confidently say that they are also our friends, as are many of their friends. I even manage to surprise them sometimes with the type of music I listen to, if that makes me cool, then, so be it!

janet - 20-3-2008 at 10:34

:)

I know the kids are comfortable here, and include me in stuff, and talk to me - which is all good.

SRD - 20-3-2008 at 10:47

My parents are dead cool. :D

janet - 20-3-2008 at 11:21

I've just been asked to look at one of CD's essays. I'm chuffed. :)

Quaver - 20-3-2008 at 12:43

Quote:
I've just been asked to look at one of CD's essays. I'm chuffed. :)

I never showed my essays to my parents, you are not only cool but respected:o

janet - 20-3-2008 at 12:55

Well, it helps that I taught a very similar module to the one she's doing, at the same institution... :) But yes, is cool and I am pleased. :D

Quaver - 21-3-2008 at 22:39

Quote:
Well, it helps that I taught a very similar module to the one she's doing, at the same institution... :) But yes, is cool and I am pleased. :D

Following in mother's footsteps? Cool! kewl_glasses

janet - 22-3-2008 at 10:16

Well, not really - but it's great to have her friends round and be able to discuss what they're studying with them - one of her close friends is reading philosophy :) And last semester they were all making jokes about being brains in vats. :)

liz - 22-3-2008 at 19:27

So far, I'm a cool parent. My son and I go to cafe's/coffee houses and chill out while having some quality chat time.

We go see live performances (folk music). Soon we will attempt going to live theatre.

I bring Roo to Hot Topic to browse/shop. He's 5 and he loves it. (it's a kind of alternative store that lots of rebelling teens/twenties go to)

We play Pooh Sticks down the road.

I go sledding with my son. Yes, I actually get on the sled with him.

I do freehand temporary tattoo's on my son (and myself). (tattoo pens)

My business is selling kids' books. I'm my best customer.

I bought myself and my son iPods.

My son tells me I'm cool.