Karl`s PC Help Forums

Advice for parents when kids are sick, and other times
scholar - 21-2-2008 at 20:20

I just saw an episode of a TV program, "Brothers and Sisters," which had some very true-to-life advice.

A step-mother is home with the husband's two kids, who are visiting, and she is caring for them because they have flu. She catches the flu as well. She finds she is having trouble getting the kids to behave, especially since she is feeling sick herself and would really like someone to take care of her.

So, she calls her own mother for advice. Her mother says,

"Remember when you had the chicken pox?"

"Yeah. You fed me chicken soup, and rubbed calamine lotion all over me."

"Well, what you don't remember is that three of your brothers and sisters had chicken pox at the same time you did, and I was sick with a cold myself."

"Really? I don't remember that."

"That's right. Now, I know you don't want to hear this, but suck it up! You, suck it up! Never mind yourself. Take care of those kids. Do what you have to do!"

I think this program had it exactly right. That doesn't mean you're a servant to your kids, or a doormat. But when they need you--like when they're sick--it's time to do what's right, to take care of them, to "suck it up" and be strong.

Quaver - 21-2-2008 at 21:12

I love that TV show 'Brothers and sisters':)

scholar - 21-2-2008 at 21:28

Quaver, I didn't know you got it.

You haven't bypassed the regional blocks to streaming, have you?shocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellow

Now that I think of it, Giron was around yesterday.:P:P

Quaver - 21-2-2008 at 23:10

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quaver, I didn't know you got it.

You haven't bypassed the regional blocks to streaming, have you?shocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellow

No it's on Channel 4:) (it's not on at the moment afaik)
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/B/brothersandsisters/characters/

LSemmens - 22-2-2008 at 12:12

I'm currently watching a spider run around all over my screen.

scholar - 22-2-2008 at 12:17

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
I'm currently watching a spider run around all over my screen.
I've heard of computer programs with bugs in them, but a spider?:o:o:o

LSemmens - 22-2-2008 at 14:13

He's a lovely little spider, he's covered most of both screens (I use 2) and is now sitting in the lower LH corner of my left screen. He looks like a baby huntsman.