Karl`s PC Help Forums

Young or Older Child Thinking and Logic
scholar - 5-5-2008 at 14:49

Radio talk show host Jerry Agar took his little daughter to the movie "Nim's Island" on her birthday. The movie is about a girl who lives on an island with her scientist father.

Jerry asked her daughter, "Would you like that? To live on an island with your dad?"

She thought about it a little. "I'd like Mom to live there with us, too."

"Then I suppose you'd want your brothers to come, too?"

She thought some more. "We could wait until they are dead, and then just the three of us could move and live on the island."
:o:o:o:o:P:P:P:P:P

the bear - 5-5-2008 at 23:22

I didnt read the date that this topic was first posted, ( I thought it was a new one)

You can imagine my reaction when I saw Runrigs Cross of St Andrew flying again.

I dont doubt he would post if he could, if only to enquire after his dogs. The reply would most certainly be that he is missed by his friends on KF.

Very best regards Runny, your friend the Bear

scholar - 6-5-2008 at 03:45

Whenever I view a thread with posts by Karl or Runrig, they pull at my heart, too.:)

the bear - 6-5-2008 at 05:14

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Whenever I view a thread with posts by Karl or Runrig, they pull at my heart, too.:)

Wouldnt it be good if Microsoft developed an internet connection that could be used from the otherside of the veil

Regards the Bear

Nimuae - 6-5-2008 at 08:12

Who needs Microsoft - Karl, Runrig, and others, will always be here in our hearts and memories.

scholar - 27-12-2008 at 17:18

A child of six had a line in a depiction of the Nativity, which he had tried to memorize. But, in view of the congregation, as he looked down at the baby Jesus, it completely left his mind. So he said, "My, He has a well-shaped head!"

This is a true story. The six-year-old is now a news broadcaster.:D

scholar - 14-7-2009 at 03:24

Kiddie Land, an amusement park in Chicagoland that has been around for many decades, is going to close. Generations have enjoyed the rides there.

A radio host took his little 4-year-old girl, Fiona, to Kiddieland. While they were there, there was a cloudburst. People ran for the areas of shelter. The blowing rain was almost sideways, so those near the edges were still getting wet. Suddenly, Fiona ran out of the sheltered area, and quickly became drenched.

Dad cried her name, urging her to come back into the sheltered area. Fiona giggled and shook her head, "No." Dad couldn't run out to get her, or he would be drenched, too.

Fiona spread her arms in the rain. "Daddy! Come dance with me in the rain!"

Daddy ran out, to dance with her in the rain. What else could he do? Your girl is only 4 for a short time.

Other daddies and children followed their example.:):D

scholar - 14-7-2009 at 04:12

"Today, my little brother learned that breaking a glow stick and emptying it into someone's eyes does not help them see in the dark."

from a site about bad days in life, which Katzy pointed out in a post some days ago.

scholar - 21-7-2009 at 01:06

Sunday morning I met a little girl attending church with her great-grandparents. I offered to shake her hand, but she emphatically withdrew her hand--no handshake from her!

During the social period after church (in which people stand or sit and talk--usually we have snacks, but no one had signed up for that Sunday), she wanted some help coloring. She was young enough that she had enthusiasm for the coloring, even though she had a poor selection of crayons--light red, greenish yellow, and two shades of orange! I volunteered to bring more crayons next time.

I wanted to help her pass the time enjoyably while the older people were talking. So, we not only colored--we played! I showed her how to balance a pencil on a crayon and flip it, catapult-style. We did drumming patterns on the table, with pencil and with hands. I led her in an active game, "Run around the table." (First, one lap, then sit; next, two laps, then sit. Next, I said, "run the other way," but she ran the same way, so we were going in opposite directions when we passed each other!) I'm sure that using up some energy would serve her well later, when her great-grandparents would want her to be more sedate.

Toward the end of our time playing together, she spontaneously offered her arm and hand. She wanted to give me a handshake!:D

I earned one, say I. ;)

LSemmens - 21-7-2009 at 14:28

It's good to hear that you spent time with her, Scholar, too many adults tend to ignore the little ones in life. In all honesty, I tend towards that. SWMBO, is always finding a child to talk to, she can't play with them, but she does have fun with them, all the same. Your time was well spent and you may find that she seeks you out when next she attends Church with her fantastic-grandparents. (that's one better than great!)

the bear - 22-7-2009 at 02:48

Children are our future.

Regards the Bear

the bear - 22-7-2009 at 02:55

My friends little boy had recently had measels, when they visited he was playing with our dog who rolled on her back, he went over and pulled his mummy to him and quietly wispered Look mummy, Poppy's got measels. ( he'd seen the dogs nipples)

Regards the Bear

scholar - 22-7-2009 at 04:49

:D:D:D

In due time, Quaver will have some material for this post-thread. greengrin

the bear - 22-7-2009 at 04:56

Proud Mum and Dad took baby Amna on her first outing today, they drove down to the promenade an walked with her in her push chair.

It was quite a sunny afternoon but baby Amna slept though the whole outing, Some debut but thats children for you!

Regards the Bear

Nimuae - 22-7-2009 at 08:02

What an unusual, and lovely, name your grand-daughter has, Bear. Does it have a special meaning ?

scholar - 22-7-2009 at 11:49

The Bear explained in another thread that he has been told it means "peace." Marymary pointed out that "salam" is commonly translated "peace." She thinks "saftey" would be the translation she would expect for "amna."

Sensitive diplomat Scholar is of the opinion, "I'll take the explanation of the parents, since they know what they had in mind." (Even though Marymary may be more precise on this point. ;))

scholar - 3-8-2009 at 14:16

I heard a delightful segment on the radio.

"Sabrina, I hear you learned subtraction today?"

"Yes, until I was full."lips_sealed

:P:P:P:P

What a wonderfully expressive way to say it!:D

LSemmens - 3-8-2009 at 14:52

scholar - 6-6-2011 at 02:46

On "America's Got Talent," I just saw a rapping/dance act by three children, age 5, 6, and 7.

Before they performed, Piers asked one of them what he would do if his group won the million dollars.

He said that he would buy a big house, and fill it with toys, and with kids who need a home, so that they would have a home that they could stay in and play all day.

:D:D:D:P:P:P:P

scholar - 7-6-2012 at 01:33

I just learned that one of my two nieces staying overnight at our home is a vampire.

She assured me she won't drink her sister's blood. "Does it taste bad?" I asked.

"No. I just don't want to make her a vampire, too."

Fortunately, in this particular case of vampirism, blood is not necessary for sustanance--eating anything red will do (strawberry soda, cherry Kool-aid, etc.).:D;):P:P:P

She is about six years old, and her sister is about 5.

marymary100 - 7-6-2012 at 22:32

Bizarre.

scholar - 21-3-2013 at 01:52

Ruby and I had ten children with us for an overnight visit on Saturday, to be followed by Sunday school and church on Sunday morning.

Eight of them were girls, two were boys. Little Chris was following me around while I was getting ready on Sunday morning (e.g. he watched me shave).

He asked me, "Did you used to be black?"lips_sealed
laughy_smilie

(I'm guessing that, if I had said yes, he would have wondered if what happened to me might ever happen to him!)

LSemmens - 23-3-2013 at 00:13

Actually, Scholar, if we go back far enough, we were all black.

scholar - 8-4-2013 at 00:51

On Easter, a pastor was giving a children's message. "After His resurrection, what was the first thing Jesus said?"

A wee little girl guessed she knew the answer. "Ta daa!"

:D:D

marymary100 - 8-4-2013 at 07:17

I like her thinking.

scholar - 11-10-2014 at 23:37

from searchquote.com

Quote:
My little sisters password for the Disney website is 'MickeyMinnieGoofyPluto' I asked her why...she said
'They told me to use 4 characters.'

laughy_smilie

scholar - 11-10-2014 at 23:45

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
I didnt read the date that this topic was first posted, ( I thought it was a new one)

You can imagine my reaction when I saw Runrigs Cross of St Andrew flying again.

I dont doubt he would post if he could, if only to enquire after his dogs. The reply would most certainly be that he is missed by his friends on KF.

Very best regards Runny, your friend the Bear

I see that our friend's posts have vanished, when the older posts in the thread were last trimmed.