Karl`s PC Help Forums

Why we have a tortoise
marymary100 - 18-1-2016 at 19:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJJ4FPu1Z2w&feature=youtu.be :D

LSemmens - 19-1-2016 at 00:56

That Tortoise is useless, it didn't even eat the cat!!!! nananana

Katzy - 19-1-2016 at 11:01

I love the way kittens bounce about...

We used to have a tortoise and the cats largely ignored it. But, they did snuggle-up, with him, occasionally.

We lost him, once. He turned-up, next day, SIX miles away!! Slow? Tortoises? Naaaa... He used to love having his neck scratched. :)

How come Yanks don't know the differences between them and turtles? Do they even acknowledge Terrapins?

John_Little - 19-1-2016 at 13:56

I thought the Teenage Mutant Nija Turtles were Terrapins that grew and grew just like Topsy.

marymary100 - 19-1-2016 at 17:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
I love the way kittens bounce about...

We used to have a tortoise and the cats largely ignored it. But, they did snuggle-up, with him, occasionally.

We lost him, once. He turned-up, next day, SIX miles away!! Slow? Tortoises? Naaaa... He used to love having his neck scratched. :)

How come Yanks don't know the differences between them and turtles? Do they even acknowledge Terrapins?

Sheldon likes the neck stuff too. He also taps your foot if he wants you to pick him up. A very determined creature who climbs like a crazy thing and refuses to hibernate.

Katzy - 19-1-2016 at 22:17

Heh... I remember reading one of those "What pet is right for you" guides, ages ago. It stated that people who wanted an animal that interacted with them shouldn't consider a tortoise.

The writer obviously didn't know tortoises.

marymary100 - 19-1-2016 at 23:04

My daughter says he is a diva. He only comes here for his holidays, thankfully.
:)

Katzy - 20-1-2016 at 12:04

Ours made us laugh, when he munched cucumber, coz he used to get bubbles coming from his nose... :D

marymary100 - 20-1-2016 at 18:46

It's quite hard to get them to eat the things that are actually good for them. Cucumber has no nutrition, strawberries too much sugar. Sheldon has an obsession with red or white things. He will fight a tomato till he kills it and then ends up looking as if he has lippy on. :D

Katzy - 20-1-2016 at 21:35

:D