Karl`s PC Help Forums

How to give a cat a pill...
Katzy - 18-11-2015 at 11:33

Just in case you have problems, with that, I've found a way...

Flossy has to have some Istin, every morning and she HATES it! She has to have Fortekor, every evening, too. Tomas has to have that, too. As it's supposed to tatse nice, they should take that OK. But, of course, Tomas hates it.

So... With Flossy's Istin, I have a tin of the stuff that's supposed to be ham. You know, that Old Oak stuff, or Prince's? What I do, is cut out a cube of that, about 10mm on each side, and push a small hole, in it, with the handle end of a teaspoon. I push the pill into the hole and voila!

Now, every morning, at around 10:00, Flossy comes to remind me that I haven't given her her Istin! :)

The Fortekor's a bit too big, for that (Tomas is so big that he has a dog' dose). So, I got a bag of organic cat-nip. I get the Fortekor, dip it in water, then dip it in the catnip.

Giving a cat a pill, now, is a piece of cake! :)

As this has been such a success, I think I ought to pass it around.

John_Little - 18-11-2015 at 14:10

I tried all those ruses with our dog but the only thing that worked was to use a pea-shooter to blow it right down his throat. You could guarantee that whatever else you did the pill would be spat out when you weren't looking.

Katzy - 18-11-2015 at 22:10

Oh, we did the "Hold it's nose" thing. Not the easiest thing to do, with a Boxer that had a 38" chest...

Katzy - 18-11-2015 at 22:30

Why did I put this in PC Chat? shocked_yellow

marymary100 - 18-11-2015 at 23:03

:D

LSemmens - 19-11-2015 at 00:32

Because it was Politically Correct????? nananana

John_Little - 19-11-2015 at 09:10

This is true and not an exaggeration (well, not much) but our dog got so clever, when you thought you'd got the pill in, he'd stare at the corner of the room and give that warning type bark so you look in that direction and then he'd spit it out while you were distracted.

Katzy - 19-11-2015 at 21:59

Flossy did that kind of thing. She'd chew, swallow and sit there, looking all sweet and innocent. Then, she'd spit it out. Often, when we weren't looking. But, quite often, whilst we were looking at her. How she spits it as far as she does, I really don't know. Aspirin goes the furthest. But, I can sympathise, with that, coz it tastes revolting.

John_Little - 20-11-2015 at 08:29

Not as bad as paracetamol.

Katzy - 20-11-2015 at 11:51

True enough. We took her to the vet, yesterday. She'll be on a new type of Istin that's supposed to be palatable.

At first, I thought "Yeah, right". But, she really loves the Fortekor. Fingers crossed...

I bet she still hassles me for the ham, though. :)

John_Little - 20-11-2015 at 13:14

rod for your own back comes to mind.

Katzy - 20-11-2015 at 18:58

Oh, every time we open the fridge, Flossy comes and quacks at us, for a bit of chicken...

She doesn't make a "Miaow" sound. She sounds more like a duck. Maybe a bit more like she's going "Waa!". :D