Karl`s PC Help Forums

Should you let your Dog sleep on your bed?
TooCute4Words - 9-4-2008 at 15:00

If you click on this link Here You can see this is what your pet Dog will like to do - just to show how much he or she loves you kissykissy

But, there are quite a few problems!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Hairs all over your bed

2) Fleas that the dog may have picked up somewhere, entering your bed and then onto you

3) Being woke up in the middle of the night by being 'SAT ON' :( or barking in the middle of the night or even snoring...:D

4) Paw marks, or the Dog likes to 'lick' your sheets :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There is probably MANY more reasons, Not to do it!!

I personally don't, for quite a few of those reasons. My dog is boisterous and very figity, so thats worse!! Plus his hairs (black hairs) will go everywhere :( Don't fancy that like!!

What do you think about this?

Also, when your Dog gets comfy on your bed, sometimes he or she doesn't want to get off and then this happens,

Video

TooCute4Words - 9-4-2008 at 15:14

Or for something MUCH bigger..

Video

I don't know Who to feel more sorry for - the Dog owners or the Dog :D:D:D

scholar - 9-4-2008 at 16:23

If your dog is "Clifford, the big red dog," he will not sleep in your bed.

In the original book, I think Clifford was as big as a house.shocked_yellow:P:P:P

scholar - 9-4-2008 at 16:25

Quote:
This will avoid your bedding and you to smell like your dog especially when it relieves itself.

waggyfingerSorry, Rover, you have lost your bed priviledges.

TooCute4Words - 9-4-2008 at 17:25

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
This will avoid your bedding and you to smell like your dog especially when it relieves itself.

waggyfingerSorry, Rover, you have lost your bed priviledges.

I think there is loads of reasons for any dog - regardless of size, to not sleep on top your bed.

Nimuae - 9-4-2008 at 17:26

My two cats occasionally allow me to sleep on their bed - provided I stay on the very edge and don't move at all until it is time to wake up and feed them ! LOL

TooCute4Words - 9-4-2008 at 17:31

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
My two cats occasionally allow me to sleep on their bed - provided I stay on the very edge and don't move at all until it is time to wake up and feed them ! LOL

It must be a big cats bed then :D:D

and cats can scratch even while stretching!!

LSemmens - 10-4-2008 at 14:37

That is just one reason why dogs should live outside!

TooCute4Words - 10-4-2008 at 21:55

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
That is just one reason why dogs should live outside!

Thats horrible :(:(:( I would NEVER leave my Dog outside for too long. A warm house and a warm bed is essential :o

marymary100 - 10-4-2008 at 23:37

Muslims believe that the angels will not enter a house where a dog resides which is why you'll seldom see a dog living inside the house. cats are quite a different matter.

LSemmens - 11-4-2008 at 01:41

Remeber, QT, I live in God's Country, where the temperatures are not as extreme.

moosenbabe - 17-4-2008 at 17:05

My dog is an english lab... bigger then the normal lab... hes 125lbs. and hes way tooooooooo big for my bed. He has his own on the floor!

TooCute4Words - 17-4-2008 at 21:34

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Muslims believe that the angels will not enter a house where a dog resides which is why you'll seldom see a dog living inside the house. cats are quite a different matter.

They can believe what they like :(

My Dog stays inside, unless he wishes to relieve himself, that is when I feel his cold wet nose - nose butt me :D

TooCute4Words - 17-4-2008 at 21:35

Quote:
Remeber, QT, I live in God's Country, where the temperatures are not as extreme.

Australia is very much an extreme temperature :( when it's hot, it's boiling shocked_yellow

TooCute4Words - 17-4-2008 at 21:36

Quote:
Originally posted by moosenbabe
My dog is an english lab... bigger then the normal lab... hes 125lbs. and hes way tooooooooo big for my bed. He has his own on the floor!

I love Labradors kissykissy

LSemmens - 18-4-2008 at 13:34

Only on a few days of the year!

TooCute4Words - 18-4-2008 at 17:53

Quote:
Only on a few days of the year!

So your Dog gets only a few privileges a year, poor boy/bitch

LSemmens - 19-4-2008 at 11:21

Even poorer than you think! Our last dog, Rusty, is no longer with us. He lived in Darwin with us and the coldest it ever got was around 10C. THe hottest was 33C.