Karl`s PC Help Forums

Pets and household maintanance
janet - 13-3-2008 at 13:13

For years, we said we needed to repair one of the steps in the house. YS (who is over 6 ft tall) for years jumped down to this stair from the landing - and not surprisingly, the back of the stair is broken.

For years, we did nothing about it.

But I came home from work the other day to find many, tiny little strips of carpet... which I traced to that stair. For some reason, the carpet begins and ends there - I never knew that but the cat had been worrying at the tiny little bits...

I've no idea where the cat would actually end up, should she really manage to get the carpet up and go through the small hole - but I don't want to find out, and a nice man is now coming to fix the step next week.

Anyone else undertaken house repairs to keep their pets from doing something similar? Tell me I'm not alone!!

DeWitch - 14-3-2008 at 02:44

We live at the end of a dead end road which was great for us and our pups and why we built out here.
But then someone decided to build across from us (it was a very nasty lot so we thought we were safe) and put their drive right facing our house so we constructed a 40+ foot long X 6 foot high berm (complete with fir trees) on the edge of our front yard by the road to give us some privacy but mostly to keep the pups from running out there whenever a car turned around.
Plus our back deck has railing to the floor making it horribly hard to clean the snow off but it is that way to keep the cats from jumping off it.
Plus we have horrid runners allover our wood and ceramic tile floors for Bear since because of his bad legs he is afraid of the slippery floors.
Oh and we bought a used RV for vacations so they all could go with us since the last time we had someone care for them they lost one of my kidz so I will never leave them again
I could go on and on

Daz - 14-3-2008 at 10:31

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
Anyone else undertaken house repairs to keep their pets from doing something similar? Tell me I'm not alone!!

You're not alone...

For many years, no matter where we've lived, we've had to do something, usually to protect our nutcase female from doing just the type of thing you mention...!!!

Swish Checkley - 14-3-2008 at 11:06

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
usually to protect our nutcase female from doing just the type of thing you mention...!!!

That's no way to talk about your wife Daz waggyfinger ;)