Karl`s PC Help Forums

BIG and boisterous or small and dinky - 'dogs', that is?
TooCute4Words - 21-2-2008 at 23:08

I love a dog which is BIG and boisterous. Something which jumps up at you when you walk in the door. Really lively and something which you can play with really rough :)

A dog which you take for a walk, but it feels like he or she is taking YOU for the walk, as he or she is pulling on the lead so bl**ding hard - that it feels almost as though it's a tug-of-war.

I guess many prefer the smaller kind. A 'Terrier' or something even smaller, which you may fall over when you walk through the door. Something that yaps and yaps at your feet, that you can pick up easily.

It's each to their own I guess.

How bout you?

janet - 21-2-2008 at 23:32

If I were to have a dog again (remarkably unlikely), I'd *want* a Great Dane.

But I don't live in a situation in which that would be fair to the dog...

When we were growing up, my parents always had Boston Terriers - small dogs who were entirely unaware that they were small...

Dreamweaver - 21-2-2008 at 23:42

It really dosn't matter what the size is, it's the dogs nature that grabs me.

Redwolf5150 - 21-2-2008 at 23:45

I'm a hound guy.

Give me a beagle and I'm happy.

But I've grown to love Bunny, our pug puppy.

kewl_glasses

TooCute4Words - 21-2-2008 at 23:47

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
If I were to have a dog again (remarkably unlikely), I'd *want* a Great Dane.

But I don't live in a situation in which that would be fair to the dog...

When we were growing up, my parents always had Boston Terriers - small dogs who were entirely unaware that they were small...

Great Dane's are massive! hense their name.

I bet they cost a pretty penny nowadays? then again, so do most pedigree dogs. Ridiculous really. Whats wrong with a 'Heinz57'

janet - 22-2-2008 at 09:04

I know how big they are - we had one when I was at home (my brother's idea, not my parents').

The only thing that's wrong with a nonpedigree dog is the uncertainty about parentage. One of the things that happens here far too frequently is people deliberately breeding dogs of different sizes - and you end up with a dog whose brain wants to be bigger than its skull, or a dog with hip issues or....

I wouldn't necessarily go for a pedigree dog but I'd want to know about the parents...

7 is the result of a stray and ....? No one knows, her mother just adopted CD's boyfriend's family a few weeks before the kittens arrived. :) But there is *far* less difference between breeds of cat than there is between breeds of dog.

LSemmens - 22-2-2008 at 13:30

Our last dog was a Ridgeback X Lab, we didn't choose him, he chose us! He wandered into our yard one day as a tick riddled, half starved stray. We suspect he was a camp dog but seemed to have a beautiful temperament, so we fed him, and he stayed. I prefer large dogs, but, the only dogs I can't stand are little yappy ones! Future S-I-L's parents have a beautiful little Maltese Terrier which, as well trained dog, I could be happy with, they have a lovely temperament.

DeWitch - 22-2-2008 at 15:52

this one

marymary100 - 22-2-2008 at 17:53

I'm not a fan of yappy dogs so tend to like the bigger ones. We've always gone for labs or retrievers in this family.