Karl`s PC Help Forums

Rehoming
janet - 21-1-2008 at 18:04

We have - with regret - taken the decision to try and rehome Harry, the Nanday Conure.

When we were a household of three, he could be out for hours at a time, safe in my office. Now, as a household of one, that's no longer possible - and when I'm away, there will be no one to get him out at all.

I've contacted the local parrot rescue centre and am looking into some other avenues as well.

I don't like this decision but we know it's for the best.

(Please, don't tell me to rethink, that it will all be ok, or any other saccharine thing - this isn't a decision we've taken lightly).

Not happy - but knowing it's for the best.. :(

the bear - 21-1-2008 at 18:09

Janet, your not taking the decision lightly, your thinking of Harry.

Sadness but well done!!!!!

Regards the Bear

shywitch - 21-1-2008 at 21:03

Quote:
Originally posted by janet

Not happy - but knowing it's for the best.. :(

I'm sure you'll miss him... but as you said... it's for the best. They do like their company.

LSemmens - 22-1-2008 at 10:39

I hope that you can find another home, at least as good as his current one.

scholar - 22-1-2008 at 19:39

I don't know much about birds like Harry. For a creature with such a long life, it would make sense for them to be designed to be adaptable with respect to a new home.

I also think you'll be in a good position for someone to take him who is really committed to his care. Unfortunately, I think people sometimes take a dog or cat with a shallow commitment, and then take them to an animal shelter later if they are "too much trouble." Surely no one would take Harry without learning what such a creature needs.:)