Karl`s PC Help Forums

I have a problem (well, Pepé does)
Dreamweaver - 19-1-2008 at 11:03

There I was, checking the forums with Pepé sitting beside me(his usual haunt), I was busy resplying to a thread when suddenly Pepé smacks me in the face with one of those "Oi!!! your not listening to me!" paws.Thats where his problem became clear.

The overpowering smell of sweaty feet hit me (literally) in the face.
Now I confess I am one of those owners who regularly "sniff" the dogs head or back to check for doggy smells, but never in my wildest dreams did I ever consider sniffing their feet.
So, now his fate is sealed, regular footbaths to combat the complaint.
I have to say I haver come across a sweaty footed dog before, have you?

TooCute4Words - 19-1-2008 at 11:19

My dog is sat next to me while I type and just out of interest, I have just given his paw a sniff. I wouldn't say it smells that bad, just the usual doggy smell.

Although, he has been in the garden and 'relieved himself' :D *I say politely* :D

So perhaps it depends on the timing of day and what they have been walking on Dreamweaver.

If you have lino in your kitchen or bathroom, that can smell sweaty? Or perhaps your dog has an unusual case of dogsweatypawitis ;)

As a rule, I don't generally smell the paws of my dog. In fact never. But I do the same thing as you and smell the top of his head.

Daz - 19-1-2008 at 12:42

Our female cat sometimes has sweaty feet, especially when stressed.... (E.G. On the Vets table..)

marymary100 - 19-1-2008 at 13:28

I can't say I remember sweaty paws but probably distance lends enchantment.

the bear - 20-1-2008 at 02:11

You could get Pepe "odour eaters" but knowing Pepe he'd eat them.

Regards the Bear

scholar - 20-1-2008 at 02:37

Does Pepe still get a biscuit every time he is mentioned by name? :P:P:P:P

He hasn't posted anything in a long time.:jester)

shywitch - 20-1-2008 at 16:52

I just had to google that (and KF is third in the list). :)

The answer from...

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/21635

"yes they do, it's the only place dogs have sweat glands. It's one way they let other dogs know that they were there."

Begs the question... are you doing him any favours by washing his feet? confused2

janet - 20-1-2008 at 16:56

Seven's feet are ok (they are in my face often enough to know, bless her little heart).

Her breath, on the other hand, is not fun when she's just eaten... :P

scholar - 20-1-2008 at 18:52

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
She's sharing the flavor with you!:P:P:P

janet - 20-1-2008 at 23:30

I know - she's *really* generous that way! :}

She's also a complete fuss-hound (if a cat can be that). A family friend was here today, sorting out David's books - for which we can't thank him enough; it takes another plane spotter to do that...

And 7 knew him for a cat-person from old times - she sat there and demanded fuss from the moment he walked in. :)

Dreamweaver - 20-1-2008 at 23:34

Quote:
Originally posted by TooCute4Words

If you have lino in your kitchen or bathroom, that can smell sweaty? Or perhaps your dog has an unusual case of dogsweatypawitis ;)

I would say this is probably true, because unlike carpets, lino/woodflooring and laminate dont wipe paws like carpet.
I try not to use carpets where there dogs go for this reason.

Far better to have to footbath them than have the smell transfer to carpets. Personally I think carpet only enhances any odours, be it from your own feet or pets><

Dreamweaver - 20-1-2008 at 23:37

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
Seven's feet are ok (they are in my face often enough to know, bless her little heart).

Well, where do you think part of the breath stems from?? errm licking paws incessantly, only messing Janet, I have two cats as well lol :)

Dreamweaver - 20-1-2008 at 23:38

Quote:
Originally posted by shywitch
I just had to google that (and KF is third in the list). :)

The answer from...

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/21635

"yes they do, it's the only place dogs have sweat glands. It's one way they let other dogs know that they were there."

Begs the question... are you doing him any favours by washing his feet? confused2

Indeed I am, I don't want hoards of hounds from the neighbourhood comin' a sniffin' lol :)

scholar - 21-1-2008 at 03:17

But, what about Pepe's social standing? His rank among his peers? How can he maintain his position if he leaves no scent?:o:o:o:o