Karl`s PC Help Forums

Alternative Christmas presents?
the bear - 16-12-2007 at 09:15

Being a nation of pet lovers do you buy your pet / pets a present at Christmas ( or send them a card)?

What is it likely to be? and do you wrap it up?

Regards the Bear

Dreamweaver - 16-12-2007 at 17:20

I don't send cards, but I do buy presents.
A few squeaky type and I usually buy some small toys that don't have beannie type stuffing from charity shops.
I also buy pigs ears and rask type chews.
I "wrap" loosely and use one bit of sellotape and yes the dogs love it.
I don't deem it to be extravagant or silly, after all my dogs just get their year's worth of toys in one hit.

Believe me if you saw them they are a joy to watch and so easily pleased.
No designer outfits or "this years must have" for my "kids" lol

janet - 16-12-2007 at 18:14

We've always given the bird something to "unwrap" - read, destroy...

BobbyKatLittleCub - 16-12-2007 at 20:28

I always get my cats presents. They are like children and expect it every year. They get so excited when the Christmas tree goes up.

One year besides the usual years worth of small toys, I got them a double decker kitty cubby. It was too big to hide, so I had to wrap it with large trash bags, and we used it as an end table. They never bothered it or tried to unwrap it, so I thought it was safe, lol. On Christmas morning, I came downstairs and they had already unwrapped it! The little sneaks knew it was their present, and I thought I was clever, lol! At least they waited to Christmas to open it! I'm sure cats understand a lot more than what they are given credit for, lol.

This year they're getting a 3 bowls on a wooden stand that says LittleCub Cats for their water and some cute paw print feeding bowls. They will also get the usual small toys and some interactive toys too. I've never given them Christmas cards, I don't see the point as they can't read, lol.

scholar - 16-12-2007 at 20:41

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver

----------If you ever see a pack of earless pigs following you, RUN!!!shocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellow

Dreamweaver - 16-12-2007 at 23:49

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver

----------If you ever see a pack of earless pigs following you, RUN!!!shocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellow

Thats OK as they won't hear you :P

Swish Checkley - 17-12-2007 at 08:53

Last year was the first Christmas I'd ever spent at home with my cat, previously he'd been in the cattery while I visited my parents, so he had a couple of presents. I haven't bought him anything this year, though that's mostly because shop bought toys tend to disinterest him and home made toys like screwed up bits of paper are much more fun.