Karl`s PC Help Forums

Welcome!
pack71 - 24-12-2007 at 00:51

waveysmiley Hello everyone, As you can see, I'm new here. I just found this board and it's the first board I found interesting enough to ever enter. I hope I will be welcomed here with my limited knowledge, that's why I'm here. I work in a shop that sells software, books and videos dealing with hydraulic design.
Everyone in my family are engineers except me, of course, I'm just dumb. That's what they think at least. I don't know as much as they do about current technology but willing to learn.
Like I said before, thanks for having me and I hope it's OK I'm here. A new friend, I hope, Pack

scholar - 24-12-2007 at 01:50

Welcome, Pack. This is a good place to learn. The big brain techs will, when asked, explain their answers in simpler terms, or give links to pages that explain things more completely.

I sometimes ask about an answer to someone else's problem, so that I can better understand what's behind the analysis of the problem.

I also invite you to look around in the non-tech sections. You can share a favorite joke, an interesting web page, a news article. We thrive on different experiences and opinions. Many of us came here with a question, and stayed for the friends we made.

I hope to see you posting.waveysmiley

LSemmens - 24-12-2007 at 12:35

Hi Pack. Welcome!

Dreamweaver - 24-12-2007 at 12:56

Hello Pack, welcomey to the madhouse :).

We are a friendly bunch, no matter how silly you think a question is just ask it :) We're here to (at least try ) to help.

roo - 7-7-2008 at 18:42

Hi, Ive just rejoined, had a lot of help from Karl many years ago ...maybe about 6 years but dont remember if I had a user name or not... I have difficult brain chemistry and structure, dyslexic,ADD,BPD so have limited short term memory etc... found Karl to have brilliant attitudes so its going to take a while for me to process that he's gone on...
nice to be back... presume you have a place I can fill in a profile so you know what where I come from...

scholar - 7-7-2008 at 19:19

doffs_capWelcome, Roo! To get to your profile, click on the words
"Control Panel/Options" . That will take you to a page where you can click on "Edit Profile" and put in the information you wish to include.

I, too, have ADD, and have made a number of posts about it in one of the Parenting Forum topics.w_kf.gif

Dreamweaver - 7-7-2008 at 20:42

Quote:
Originally posted by roo
Hi, Ive just rejoined, had a lot of help from Karl many years ago ...maybe about 6 years but dont remember if I had a user name or not... I have difficult brain chemistry and structure, dyslexic,ADD,BPD so have limited short term memory etc... found Karl to have brilliant attitudes so its going to take a while for me to process that he's gone on...
nice to be back... presume you have a place I can fill in a profile so you know what where I come from...

Hi roo and welcome back.welcomey
You would have had a username previously, but no matter, I am sure you will get along fine with roo :)

Thank you for your kind thoughts for Karl.

marymary100 - 7-7-2008 at 20:58

Welcome roo. waveysmiley

blue11 - 20-7-2008 at 23:25

Hi everyone-- can anyone direct me to PC help in regards to hijackthis detection information. tHANK You

L

Dreamweaver - 20-7-2008 at 23:30

Quote:
Originally posted by blue11
Hi everyone-- can anyone direct me to PC help in regards to hijackthis detection information. tHANK You

L

Hi Blue and welcome, if you go here our resident guru Pancake and other valued members will help you.

http://www.karlsforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19

Also take note of this thread before you proceed to post hi-jack logs

http://www.karlsforums.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=34905

blue11 - 21-7-2008 at 08:39

Dreamweaver, thank you for your direction--

dreamweaver as in the myth of dreams or dreamweaver as in adobe html??... haha

L

LSemmens - 21-7-2008 at 14:07

Welcome, BlueII, we don't bite......much!waveysmiley

waffler - 1-1-2009 at 17:31

Hi
Just like to say hello and Happy New Year

John_Little - 1-1-2009 at 18:00

well, hello and happy new year to you too, waffler.

marymary100 - 1-1-2009 at 18:31

Happy New Year to you too, and welcome. waveysmiley

scholar - 1-1-2009 at 19:11

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Hi
Just like to say hello and Happy New Year
Hello and welcome, Waffler.

Come in and look around. I think many of the people who stop by here first come to get some help with a computer problem or question--we have some great people here, helpful with all manner of problems. They will break down their answers to as simple a level as you need.

I, and a number of others, have stayed for the friends we're made here. We share knowledge and opinions, humor and pastimes. We are better off when more people contribute. I hope you'll become a regular poster, because you are the only one who brings your experiences, your perspective, your sense of humor.

Again, welcome!waveysmiley

Quaver - 2-1-2009 at 00:08

w_kf.gif

DeWitch - 2-1-2009 at 03:49

Welcome to Karl's Waffler:)

the bear - 2-1-2009 at 06:52

Hello Waffler and welcome, You dont have to be crazy to post here, but it helps if you are a little.

Regards the Bear

LSemmens - 3-1-2009 at 11:01

I've been somewhat distracted for the last few days, (I did drop a quick welcome on another thread, but it ain't the same)! So a big welcome from Godzone!

scholar - 4-1-2009 at 00:08

[bad img]http://engrishfunny.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/thanks-for-fisting-us-copy.jpg[/bad img]

agypsygrrl - 5-8-2009 at 08:40

Hi Everyone...
I just joined earlier this evening and wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Debbie and my "other self" is Gypsy Grrl. I'm sure this will be a lot of fun....Hope you are all having a groovy summer! TTYS 'kay?
meditatering

Snowy - 5-8-2009 at 08:47

Hi Debbie, welcome to the Forum, I am Snowy and I am fairly new here but I really enjoy it. As you may have noticed there are a few members from the USA so you will be in good company. Just watch out for John_Little and Charles..they like to pull your leg now and again...:D
Look forward to catching up with you later.
waveysmiley

Dreamweaver - 5-8-2009 at 10:27

Hi Gypsy, glad you made it in OK flowers_kf

Quaver - 5-8-2009 at 10:33

Welcome to KF Debbie! w_kf.gif

marymary100 - 5-8-2009 at 10:47

Welcome Debbie. :)

scholar - 5-8-2009 at 13:09

welcomeywelcomeywelcomey

LSemmens - 5-8-2009 at 13:45

Hi Debbie from a man who's married to another Debbie! If you are a sausage short of a a barbie, you'll fit in quite well. If you aren't then you must be one of the "keepers". We don't bite........much!

tommyod - 4-12-2009 at 21:46

hi everyone im new on this pc thing waveysmiley

giron - 4-12-2009 at 21:50

Don't worry about it, most of us don't know much about them either. ;)

Welcome to KF. waveysmiley

DeWitch - 4-12-2009 at 22:25

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
Don't worry about it, most of us don't know much about them either. ;)

Welcome to KF. waveysmiley

BUT!!!
We have fun;)
Welcomew_kf.gif

Quaver - 4-12-2009 at 23:46

Welcome Tommy:wav)
What does OD stand for? Not OverDrawn already? There's 3 weeks to go 'till Christmas:D

waffler - 5-12-2009 at 05:03

Hi Tommy Welcome Aboard w_kf.gif

John_Little - 5-12-2009 at 11:06

Welcome Tommy!

Get your submit finger limbered up, there's a posting campaign on!

LSemmens - 5-12-2009 at 12:57

Just ignore John, we all do! nananana Welcome to the madhouse, Tommy!

giron - 5-12-2009 at 12:58

Who's John? confused2

victor - 28-7-2010 at 23:03

Welcome ejgumbyiii hope enjoy yourself on KF.waveysmiley
Join in and have some fun.

the bear - 26-9-2013 at 20:49

I spy a new member, :)

Hello AggroOne and welcome to the mad house waveysmiley

Best regards the Bear