Karl`s PC Help Forums

Two of my watches have failed.
scholar - 23-10-2017 at 01:14

I received two or three watches last Christmas. The two which appear to be of better quality have stopped within the last few weeks--from worn-out batteries, I think. The one which lights up at a touch failed first, then the other stopped for a while this morning, and then started again (with the result that it showed the wrong time).

Neither watch has the tiny screws which allow someone like myself to replace the battery. I don't see how to get the back off either one. The one that failed this morning is an Eclipse brand watch, made in Japan. Numbers on the back say EC/1005TT 2115(3).

This came up when I put the numbers in Yahoo search:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eclipse-by-Armitron-Men-s-Round-Silver-Watch/45013738

I hate to think that a watch which is that expensive would only serve me for a year. There isn't anything on the shopping site about changing batteries.

JackInCT - 23-10-2017 at 02:44

Under details it lists the battery model as "Battery type: SR626SW"; that would not be listed if there wasn't some way of replacing the battery. Instead of screws holding the back on, perhaps there is a recessed indentation somewhere on the rim, but if you see something like that, you may need to try out a variety of different SIZE screwdrivers (aka as spanners for those across the pond). The watch likely came with an owner manual that would spell out battery changing procedures; IF you can't find it, try a variety of search words re brand name, model, etc., and that would also include the phrase "owner manual" [playing around with a variety/variations of search words is critical]; perhaps a hit will give you an owner manual for the brand but for a different model; download/open up the file and trust to luck that maybe the replacing battery procedure is identical (or maybe close enough that it clues you in re the procedure).

John_Little - 23-10-2017 at 15:53

The back clips on. You have to get a screwdriver and lever it off. You should notice an indent at some point where you place thee screwdriver and turn it to lever the back off

LSemmens - 24-10-2017 at 00:37

A jeweller would change the battery for you for not much more than the cost of the battery.

Katzy - 24-10-2017 at 12:18

Goo shout, Leigh. Ours only charges a quid and often waives that.

Beware of doing it yourself, if the watch is waterproof.

Been there. Done that. :D

Mind you, you can get watches, now, that don't cost much more than the batteries...

scholar - 27-10-2017 at 00:50

doffs_cap

thankingyou