Karl`s PC Help Forums

How to amuse the neighbours without really trying !
Nimuae - 6-10-2017 at 16:22

I am hosting a Craft Day tomorrow and decided an extra table would be useful - more equipment now than last time.

So - off to garage - bring out trestles - they have rusted and the paint was peeling. Grab a wire brush and clean them up a bit.

Neighbour comes out to wash his car - gives me a smile.

Back to garage - stagger out with the table top - oops - damp has damged one corner. Heave it onto trestles - fetch a bucket of hot soapy water - start to scrub - damp corner falls off!!
Neighbour tries hard, but not hard enough, to hide his giggles!

Table is made from plastic coated MDF. Fetch saw and a black marker - draw a line across - 2" above damaged corner - start to saw.

Have you ever tried sawing a straight line in soggy MDF - neighbour just about hysterical with laughter now!

Had a cup of tea and a think.

Back to garage - rummage in the "this will be useful one day" corner - find a large piece of melamine coated wood left over from when the kitchen was fitted - slightly smaller than proper table top but will do - yes, it will.

Neighbour has very kindly taken table top and will use an electric saw to cut across above the damage for me - have totally forgiven him his laughter!

John_Little - 6-10-2017 at 16:41

If you cant take a joke you shouldn't be a craft expert.

;-)

Nimuae - 6-10-2017 at 19:11

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little

;-)

I agree JL and I can laugh at myself with the best of them!waveysmiley

LSemmens - 7-10-2017 at 02:47

Any piece of wood can be used as a table top. I often use doors. Nice of your neighbour to come to rescue. At least you provided suitable entertainment. All the best for the craft day termorrer. I spent most of the week thinking that I was on the roster to preach at church next week, turns out it's tomorrow! Fortunately I worked out that the second Sunday in the month is actually tomorrow in time. So, I am prepared.

scholar - 7-10-2017 at 23:53

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little

;-)

Or, at least, keep your work out of sight.;)

scholar - 7-10-2017 at 23:55

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Any piece of wood can be used as a table top. I often use doors.

Ruby would object. We need our doors to block the doorways from insects, thieves, relatives, and loss of heat.

John_Little - 8-10-2017 at 07:43

She does have a point, Scholar. :)

marymary100 - 8-10-2017 at 08:40

LOL

LSemmens - 9-10-2017 at 00:15

:D