Karl`s PC Help Forums

Insomnia
marymary100 - 24-9-2017 at 12:01

I have joined a website called Sleepio which aims to restore good sleep patterns. Wouldn't that be nice.

The suggestion today is to have a wind-down of 1-2 hours of not being online or using electronic devices.

Quote:

Reading, going for a stroll or listening to music would all fit the bill.

What's your bedtime routine like?

Katzy - 24-9-2017 at 20:07

Funny, that... I read this, earlier:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sleep-deprivation-epidemic-health-effects-tired-heart-disease-stroke-dementia-cancer-a7964156. html

I've been brought to the point of wondering of there's anywhere, in the UK, where you're not on the flight path to some bloody airport. Heck, even the Orkneys and Shetlands have airports!

When we first moved here, it was deathly quiet, at night. Now, there seems to be a 'plane going over every minute, or so. Let me tell you, that damned Dreamliner is LOUD!

My doc think the lack of kip is causing my health problems (Or exacerbating them) and has given me something to help me sleep. I can't take them forever, though...

LSemmens - 25-9-2017 at 01:07

Sleep? What's that? I generally "wind down" at around 10-12 PM and hit the hay at anywhere between 12 - 2 AM Between then and around 9-10 AM I have no idea, I am asleep. My "wind down"? On the 'puter, sometimes with a coffee, take my drugs (anti-depressant and cholesterol) and then bed.

marymary100 - 25-9-2017 at 06:00

I think you mean what is insomnia rather than what is sleep then...

Nimuae - 25-9-2017 at 06:29

I don't really have a routine as such - I fall into bed about midnight, out like a light until about 5:30am, then up and at it for the day. Been that way for most of my life. I sleep as soon as my head touches the pillow and it is deep sleep - you could march a brass band through the bedroom and it would not wake me.

Quaver - 25-9-2017 at 14:24

I usually go to bed at around midnight, and hubby reads a book while I'm on my phone. When he turns the lights off, I turn my phone off at the same time.

Once I hear hubby is asleep, I sometimes get my phone out, dim the lights right down, and continue browsing:D

I don't want hubby to know I'm addicted to the web;)

Once I turn the phone off, I sleep soundly quite quickly.

John_Little - 25-9-2017 at 17:46

during the week, we are in the habit of going to bed at 10 and listening to Radio 4 on timer for about 70 minutes. The world tonight, book at bedtime, the news and a bit of the programme after 11 if we're still awake then.

LSemmens - 26-9-2017 at 07:55

Why would you want to get out of bed at 0530, Nim????? shocked_yellow

Don't you know that there is Waaaaay less oxygen to breathe at that hour?