Karl`s PC Help Forums

Wedding Primal Scream
Badgergirl - 12-9-2017 at 16:50

Oh For Goodness Sake!

J's Mum has thrown in the towel and she's decided not to come. Probably in a Cava fulled haze.
She has all the self confidence of a School Bully.

So Granny (J's Granny) is now grumpy that huge chunks of her family that we don't know and who don't know us aren't invited ether.

Who the heck finds time to be so offended about a Frickin' PARTY??

GRRR

I'm chilled. All my loved ones are coming and a nice number of friends.
It's J I'm sad for.

:(

John_Little - 12-9-2017 at 19:28

Weddings and funerals - terrible things. You just have to grin and bear it.

marymary100 - 12-9-2017 at 20:16

Do what makes you both happy. It really will be her loss if she misses out on her child's wedding.

LSemmens - 13-9-2017 at 08:08

It's YOUR day, not theirs. Enjoy it, those who want to chuck a hissy fit aren't worth ruining your day for. I do feel for J, but, sadly you cannot change other people, much as you'd like.

I'm currently in Brisvegas for a friend's daughter's wedding. They are now flying to Oxford as I type (He has been accepted to study there). The pub where the reception was held was very complimentary on the behaviour of all guests. I was hoping to spend a few days with my mate before returning home, (his wife has flown down to look after SWMBO for me to give me a break), but he has been called into work and won't be back before I leave. He's a pilot and is flying to LA in the morning. Instead, my Daughter and her tribe are stuck with me for a few more days.

John_Little - 13-9-2017 at 08:55

Tis all true but its still less than perfect. Apart from the "cava fuelled haze" could you or J talk to her about anything else that might be behind it?

Badgergirl - 14-9-2017 at 09:19

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
Tis all true but its still less than perfect. Apart from the "cava fuelled haze" could you or J talk to her about anything else that might be behind it?

She's not taking J's intended gender transition too well ether. I think that's got a bit to do with it.

About two days after our wedding she's attending her daughter's wedding to another woman. Some people can't seem to shake off their sense that they've done something "Wrong" even if they are outwardly okay.